Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I had the walker Evans shocks in the rear, I could probably tune some of the body roll out by adjusting preload and dampening. Hmm...something to think about there.

If you think about it, the sway bar is actually tying the two rear shocks together so with it removed, your actually reducing the spring rate in the rear. So it makes sense to have adjustable rear shocks. Now to convince the wife....

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!
So it sounds as if it may be safer with the rear WE shocks, at least that's what one could say if explaining it to that important boss we all have:)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
There's no way I could give a good in-depth review making such a short little run. But, I did make the same run that I did when I took the video of the Walker Evans shocks. So, from that short run, I took away several notes:

1: the rear end doesn't get so agitated over the rough stuff and stays planted better. Still not as good as the front with the W/E shocks though.

2: it does sway more but it's very similar to the P700. I can feel the body roll but the tires stay planted pretty good. It should be great for my type of trail riding.

3: if carrying passengers or a heavy load in the back, it may be a good idea to leave it on if it behaves like the P700 with the sway bar removed. I'm sure an extra 300-400 pounds in the back will decrease stability more so with it removed.

4: I tried some G-outs in the field (in turf mode) and it will spin the inside tire a lot easier than before so that tells me that the sway bar was helping keep the inside wheels planted better.

5: no booze was spilled during the making of this review.

Signature:

Nice review bud, sounds very similar to the results I've received with the 700. I do keep my back shocks stiff so it very well make a big difference!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I guess I've got to try this now. It worked great on the P700 but I've been Leary of it on this one because it's heavier and faster. However, y'all have convinced me to at least try it.
@joeymt33 I'd love to see a video of performance using the rig on your shock test, which by the way was fun to watch

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best way to get the "boss" on board is to show her it's needed. By the time wife and I were done with our first ride at RRB, she was more than thankful for the windshield, roof, full skid, lift, and bigger tires. She was actually grateful that I'd bought them lol.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
If I had the walker Evans shocks in the rear, I could probably tune some of the body roll out by adjusting preload and dampening. Hmm...something to think about there.

If you think about it, the sway bar is actually tying the two rear shocks together so with it removed, your actually reducing the spring rate in the rear. So it makes sense to have adjustable rear shocks. Now to convince the wife....

Signature:

Now you got me curious - what happened to wanting to keep the self leveling rears?

I just caught up on your build thread and cant find where you talked about front shocks - and the video.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now you got me curious - what happened to wanting to keep the self leveling rears?

I just caught up on your build thread and cant find where you talked about front shocks - and the video.

Right now I'm only testing out a set of Walker Evans shocks for the front. I didn't think I would want any for the rear. However, now that I have seen the difference in the way the front rides versus the rear, I don't see how I could keep the auto level shocks.

For now I have the video and initial review of the walker Evans shocks in the supporting members thread. I'm waiting for a full review before I type it all up and make it public.

You are right though, I didn't think I would ever change out the rear auto level shock but they are no comparison in ride to the front now.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I did it again - another mod that I thought I would never do.
Disconnecting the swaybar was way simple. To be honest I'm not sure I love it yet. A bit of a trade off with the extra body sway.
I got out on a side hill and looked at what felt like a dangerous angle. Laughed out loud at myself - it was nowhere near dangerous. Do you think think the lack of a sway actually makes a side hill more dangerous or it just feels that way. A bit of both I guess.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
On side hill it doesn't lower the opposite side so there is more sway. This is one of the situations you have to watch it a little especially on soft terrain.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got in a day of wheeling without the sway bars. Gotta say I love it so far. Much better traction in 2wd due to tires staying in contact better. Also noticed the fronts stay on the ground more now. I cross rutted some holes I've been through before and all 4 stayed on ground. With the bar, passenger side front would lift way off the ground (a good 3'). Didn't do any side hill testing but not really worried about it. I try to avoid that anyways lol. To sum it up....I'm totally sold on the idea.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think maybe Calcium Chloride.

Do NOT use calcium chloride in you tires, it's highly corrosive. The tire stores around here haven't used it in years, they use a mix of methanol and water.

As mentioned when you remove the sway bar you change the spring rate so an adjustment may be necessary.

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope it's a very small and diluted mixture of methanol. That stuff is extremely sticky. Hate to see what it'd do to a tire valve lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Do NOT use calcium chloride in you tires, it's highly corrosive. The tire stores around here haven't used it in years, they use a mix of methanol and water.

As mentioned when you remove the sway bar you change the spring rate so an adjustment may be necessary.
Yeah, meth and water is what's used around here, but somebody asked what the mineral/chemical was that has been used.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yes sir it was used around here for years and years, but it also ate up a bunch of wheels.
Yeah, no dispute. I don't think it's being promoted.

Reactions: 1BadDart
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!