Multi Another sway bar gone!

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Anyone running arched a arms without sway bar wondering how it handled with a arms

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just now went outside and unhooked mine. I can tell it going over rough stuff. Went out on the road and really didn't notice a difference going around curves. I took them at my usual speed. Even a really sharp one with a bad bump in it lol. I'll test it more off-road whenever I get a chance. So far I like it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just now went outside and unhooked mine. I can tell it going over rough stuff. Went out on the road and really didn't notice a difference going around curves. I took them at my usual speed. Even a really sharp one with a bad bump in it lol. I'll test it more off-road whenever I get a chance. So far I like it.
Cool.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Help please :) I haven't unhooked mine yet but I'm really considering it. I have the stock tires on mine. With the sway bar off and having the stock tires will that make it more tippy than what you guys experience with your bigger tires ? I use it up in the hills but also down the road on pavement.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Help please :) I haven't unhooked mine yet but I'm really considering it. I have the stock tires on mine. With the sway bar off and having the stock tires will that make it more tippy than what you guys experience with your bigger tires ? I use it up in the hills but also down the road on pavement.
Tire size shouldn't matter where stability is concerned when related to your sway bar. I'd say give it a go.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree with @Tflynn. Go ahead and try it. It isn't very hard to unbolt and you can always hook it back up if you don't like it. I zipped tied mine up out of the way. I didn't remove it completely.

Reactions: Miss_Oak and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree with @Tflynn. Go ahead and try it. It isn't very hard to unbolt and you can always hook it back up if you don't like it. I zipped tied mine up out of the way. I didn't remove it completely.
Mind you, Oaks riding a 500. I don't know about stock tires, my riding buddy is still running stocks but I can't get him to disconnect his for the test. Im pretty sure everybody in the 500 forum that have done the disconnect are running spacers, offset wheels or both, and usually wider and taller tires.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run stock bighorns on the street. Only difference on mine is the HL bracket lift.

Reactions: sharp
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mind you, Oaks riding a 500. I don't know about stock tires, my riding buddy is still running stocks but I can't get him to disconnect his for the test. Im pretty sure everybody in the 500 forum that have done the disconnect are running spacers, offset wheels or both, and usually wider and taller tires.

Yeah I noticed that. Either way he can always hook it back up if it doesn't work. That is the reason I zipped tied mine. I plan to test it thoroughly before going through the trouble of complete removal.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah I noticed that. Either way he can always hook it back up if it doesn't work. That is the reason I zipped tied mine. I plan to test it thoroughly before going through the trouble of complete removal.
Well She could indeed hook it back up if she's uncomfortable with it.

Reactions: LandPioneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not to be critical of anything these other guys have experienced here, it might be prudent for you to base your decision on this by what you find in the 500 forum. This subject has been discussed in great detail in multiple different threads there and will be based upon the same machine that you're riding. :)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ziptied mine as well to keep it from banging against the A-arm. Since street manners was basically my only concern, it's probably okay for me to completely remove it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ziptied mine as well to keep it from banging against the A-arm. Since street manners was basically my only concern, it's probably okay for me to completely remove it.

I guess I've got to try this now. It worked great on the P700 but I've been Leary of it on this one because it's heavier and faster. However, y'all have convinced me to at least try it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I've got to try this now. It worked great on the P700 but I've been Leary of it on this one because it's heavier and faster. However, y'all have convinced me to at least try it.
I haven't tried it on any trails yet. Just big mound of dirt and couple of big rock piles behind my house. I liked the way the rear flexed over the rocks.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
For those concerned about stability, has anyone tried filling their tires with water? This is very common in agriculture to do to tractor tires and also in rock crawling. Granted, our little sxs tires have much less volume in comparison to tractors or rock crawlers, but it is a free easy way to lower your center of gravity, even if only a little.

For example, on a 26x9x12 tire would hold roughly 5 gallons of water or 41 lbs. Multiplied over 4 tires is 164 lbs of unsprung weight helping to keep the rubber side down. I'm sure it's not for everyone but hey it's an idea.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I put over 38 miles on it today on the streets. Very stable. Couldn't tell any more body roll than normal.

Sorry for not getting back sooner someone stole my phone at lunch yesterday. You figured it out quickly though.
The times I felt it a little was loaded with people or sidehills. Other then that it's really good. I don't think you'll be reconnecting it anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!