Anti-theft question????

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
When not able to park in the garage, what are people using, if anything, for anti-theft? Anybody using the club on the steering wheel? Wheel lock, a.k.a. boot? Chain and padlock?

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc and Isaiah
FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah, I totally get that. I’m just thinking more along the lines of a deterrent when I have to leave the machine out in an open area for some reason. I completely understand that if somebody want something bad enough, they will figure out away. I definitely carry full coverage

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I totally get that. I’m just thinking more along the lines of a deterrent when I have to leave the machine out in an open area for some reason. I completely understand that if somebody want something bad enough, they will figure out away. I definitely carry full coverage
I cable/lock and disc brake lock where I can on all my power sports. When I park overnight somewhere I try to back the trailer up to a building or wall or a second vehicle if in a group. Then I take a couple of pictures of how and where I left it so that if I need to file the insurance claim they can't say it wasn't from lack of effort.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Honestly unlike Washington, in Idaho we’ve never been concerned. Keys are always in our machines. Hell most of the time if we go to town for fuel or refreshments I forget to take key out.
Maybe southern Idaho different but we’ve been camping up to 30 times a year with as many as 8-10 vehicles ourselves for over 15 years and have never had something stolen, neither has anyone in our group.
We’ve had people come to camp asking about our rig and seeing if things ok before when had to ditch it for the night even.
Just carry insurance for the “if” rather then worry about each machine all the time.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not a lot of theft for the most part around our area. But it does happen. Mostly in Boise and surrounding cities. Not sure about the outlying camping areas. . Mostly just curious what, if anything, people were using.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not a lot of theft for the most part around our area. But it does happen. Mostly in Boise and surrounding cities. Not sure about the outlying camping areas. . Mostly just curious what, if anything, people were using.
I installed a motion alarm from a motorcycle in my buddy's RZR. Hooked it up to a tiny hidden back up battery and works really well. Loud as can be!

advertisement
R

rickoshea

99 times out of 100 i forget to take the key out of my boat when it's tied up to the dock.i also leave my $ 400 flyrods just propped up to the rail on my party dock.🤦‍♂️.we used to camp 100 days out of the year and never once had anything stolen from the boat,beached on shore,or from the campsite.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just carry full coverage and don't sweat it. A pretty good option is the hillbilly break as you can set the break and lock it. Ive never locked mine but I like the parking break a lot.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I cable lock the wifes with a steel braided cable, the type cables like we have at work when you wanna lift something heavy with a crane. They have braided in eyelets on each end. I use a big ass padlock. The theory behind this is that a thief cant cut the cable with bolt cutters, and the lock shank would be a b**** to cut because its so thick. However, nowadays battery tools are so common a well prepared thief could cut the cable or lock with a Milwaukee battery powered grinder with a cut-off wheel on it. I was thinking of getting one of those 12v gps locator things and hiding it away in the wiring harness somewhere incase it was stolen, but then I realized I hate the Pioneer 1000. It has gap insurance.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just leave it in gear and take the key... it won't roll and you can't shift into neutral without turning on the ignition.
Which machine is that? I have a P1K5 and I can switch into any gear or 4WD setting without key. 🤔 Now I'm wondering if there is somtn wrong with mine.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Which machine is that? I have a P1K5 and I can switch into any gear or 4WD setting without key. 🤔 Now I'm wondering if there is somtn wrong with mine.
There's nothing wrong I can do whatever I want to mine except.start it with the key out

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!