P1000 Any experience with Throttle Max

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes Throttle Max is a game changer for the Honda gas pedals. I have a 2018 pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and I've had the Throttle Max pedal installed since 3 months after purchase and it stops shin fatigue and throttle burst. **See the installed pedal in pics below.
I had a chance to get to know the company by interacting with them and supporting through their merchandise before the founder tragically passed away. It was certainly a sad day for me and if you don't know the story take time to check it out and I hope his daughter has been able to carry on what he started!!

View attachment 309090 View attachment 309091

Mine is supposed to arrive today. Shipping was quick and their follow-on notifications were spot on. As an aside, I hate to hear when intelligent, industrious, entrepreneurial people die, or "fall of their twigs" as my father would say. Seems like bad guys mostly live on to a ripe old age.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one and love it. I am 6'2" and my knee is above the pedal when sitting there. I can now put my foot "flat" on the floor and that relieves the pain in my shin. Excellent for smoothing out the surge. I can't express how much it improves riding for me.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it installed, sorry no pics. I got the one with a simpler TM logo, rather than Throttle Maxx spelled out. I also made a minor mod to it, applying UHMW-PE tape to the underside of the part that slides. This is to reduce sliding friction as the pedal is depressed - not a big deal, I'm sure, but I had the tape, so . . . UHMW is the stuff they make skid plates out of, as it's hell for stout and slipperier than snake snot on a flat rock - right up near Teflon in terms of low friction, but way stronger and abrasion resistant than Teflon. I think the tape I have is about 6 or 7 mil, I'd rather have used 10 mil, so will see how it works out.

C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
I just ordered one and will give it a try. Sounds like a great idea (not many miles on my new Pioneer and I noticed the pedal is not ver ergonomic).
Honda should take note and work on some of the minor issues………
Rock On

Tom

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the ride for a spin so far so good not really a fair test since I don't really have an off road area I can ride close by and the Toyhauler has been winterized till spring, so no towing it to one. But just riding around town (I installed turn signals etc. to street ride legal) road a few bumpy gravel roads I think I'll like it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!