Any interest in a Talon under seat sealed storage box?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

I've created a poll for the forum members to help decide which storage box moves to production first.

Over the weekend I finished a mock-up of the X4 passenger seat storage box and am very satisfied with the design, capacity and accessibility.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The 3 boxes lined up for proportional observation

L-R
X2 driver, X4 driver, X4 passenger
B8B896C3 F5EA 4428 8B68 066F1F5F806B

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Well, I lost the first draft of this post so here we go again.
L-R here are the seat boxes:
X2 driver, X4 driver, X4 passenger
650AE5F0 4D9D 4F77 A2FE D7D801209E17

The X2 box will be relatively expensive for the capacity gained. However, I do like this box as an X2 owner. The other two boxes I feel very good about. They offer good capacity. I’m still waiting on quotes from the shop for all of these. The good thing is this shop works with me so I don’t think I’ll have problems with fab, other than fitting into their schedule.

Reactions: CID and Montecresto
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Nice!!! What’s involved in getting that in there???
Remove the seat, remove the plastic under the seat. Slide the box in from the front of seat since it has to pass under the seat frame. It's fairly easy to install. Two handfulls of snap rivets!! You'll have to cut some plastic under the seat for access. I'm planning on using 4 of the plastic screws to mount in plate to frame. Not a bad job at all.

Reactions: Montecresto
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Heck yeah. that 6" hatch is the bees knees. You probably don't need any cad help, but let me know if you do.

Reactions: Montecresto and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have put priority on the X4 passenger seat storage and the fab shop is working on the estimate. Once that comes back I'll cut them loose on make a few of these for customers and see how sales go before moving into other boxes.

After much research I finally found a US based company that may be able to make some bag storage options. I sent a request for quote yesterday so I'm waiting to hear back. If this works out then the X2 driver seat bag will be first on the list.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!