Any recommendations on dealers,I'm in I daho but will purchase in Montana or Or. ?

B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I want to close a deal in the next few weeks on a 1000. I'm in the Bonners Ferry area. Have trailer, will travel. I've called around a little but there doesn't seem to be is much inventory out there. It has to be the forest green or Cammo. Looking to have dealer put a street package on it . What else should I have them do ,I can install some items . Any thoughts or advice on price ? thanks ,just joined...

Reactions: 100Acre
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You're a victim of market timing, there isn't any inventory and everyone wants a SxS to get away from people - so the supply is non existent and new buyers have tripled(?). Patience and perseverance are your friend - good luck.

B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You're a victim of market timing, there isn't any inventory and everyone wants a SxS to get away from people - so the supply is non existent and new buyers have tripled(?). Patience and perseverance are your friend - good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a 3 seater /bench ,pioneer with the dump bed. I have hovered for about a year and just decided to do it.
Seems like retail or walk ? I have not gone into a dealer. I can save on the sales tax by getting one in Mt. or Or., so I have a fairly large radius . It will have to be a done deal by phone ,no more than 8 hours one way. Thought I would ask here and thanks in advance for any recommendations on accessories . I am a hunter ,farmer,rancher. I have never had a side by side ,I'm a green horn on these things.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Asking here was a good idea, there are guys who are good at internet shopping but I'm not one of them.

The only recommendation I have would be an upgraded skid assembly, the stock skid is little more than a dust cover. For my guesstimated use (also a new guy) I felt that the 1/2" UHMV (any plastic based) would be best. I'll be riding in the ROCKIES and have already been glad to have the underneath protection. Anything else you can add as you figure out your riding needs. As a solo rider I also wanted a winch.

Reactions: 100Acre
B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks, I saw a thread and the guy tore through his "skid plate" his first time out. Calling around a little seems like ,up here ,the Pioneer is an endangered species. One dealer said 4 months ...maybe..and the price may be higher ? Looks like I have to get on a list and wait it out. I don't want to settle on a 17 to 20 k. purchase. How about the tires ? I see guys put larger tires on ? I don't want to buy and turn around and put different tires on. Seems like the dealer could swap out tires on a new model ? Thanks in advance on that qq.getting answered.

Reactions: 100Acre and CID
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I saw a thread and the guy tore through his "skid plate" his first time out. Calling around a little seems like ,up here ,the Pioneer is an endangered species. One dealer said 4 months ...maybe..and the price may be higher ? Looks like I have to get on a list and wait it out. I don't want to settle on a 17 to 20 k. purchase. How about the tires ? I see guys put larger tires on ? I don't want to buy and turn around and put different tires on. Seems like the dealer could swap out tires on a new model ? Thanks in advance on that qq.getting answered.
I’ve seen pioneer 1000s
sitting on the Rancho ride now Powersports lot in Las Vegas.If ur in southern Idaho and drive fast you might make it in 8 hours.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can, get the 5 seater, you won’t regret it. It has a dump bed too. Moving to Bonner county first week in April. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ran the stock 28" tires on my Talon til they were done and then upgraded wheels (don't like the blacked out look) and stepped up to 30" eight ply tires. The stock Talon tires are great for traction but not so good for toughness. I took a small hit on performance going up 2" but I can't speak to what the Pioneer is happy with on a larger tire.

B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks everyone ! Gotta go but I will check back later and blog my quest for Pioneer gold ! but I want to pay in silver. : )

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum, I agree with @CID on the skid plate if you are riding any kind of trails. Also on the wEnch if you do a lot of solo driving. I also did the factory windshield and hard top with mine. As far as tires go, the factory Big Horns are go all around tire just not very tough, so invest in a plug kit and small compressor. As you ride and learn you will figure out what to upgrade. Good luck on your quest and remember pics or it didn’t happen.

S

Sagebrush hunter

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to close a deal in the next few weeks on a 1000. I'm in the Bonners Ferry area. Have trailer, will travel. I've called around a little but there doesn't seem to be is much inventory out there. It has to be the forest green or Cammo. Looking to have dealer put a street package on it . What else should I have them do ,I can install some items . Any thoughts or advice on price ? thanks ,just joined...
Have you tried Lets Ride in heyburn Idaho? They had best price and selection when I bought mine a couple years ago

B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No,I have only called 2 dealers one in Montana he said 4 months and no price guarantee I will start calling this week and cast my net. THANKS

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Call Big Valley Honda in Reno, NV. They have display models outside, so they must have some in stock. Good luck.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
This should help with tire choices. There are more threads like it, have a look around.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Call big valley honda in reno, nv. They have a sale on 2020 4 doors right now. in-stock. Idaho is only 6 hours away (Boise). Don't miss this camo 1000-4 Pioneer

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Edge Power Sports in Ontario, Oregon. Their inventory shows 3. 1 3 seat base and 2 1000 5 deluxe in white..

Several Portland dealers have a few.
Hillsboro Motorsports ask for Gabe. They have a 2021 LE for under 21k.
Columbia River motorsports also has a few. St. Helens

Last edited:
Reactions: Idahotruckman
B

black diamond

Mar 14, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update: Thanks to all of you for the help. Supply is nonexistent so I'm on a list @ Outlaw Motor Sports in Enterprise ,Oregon. Great help form Dustin James who has 20 years in the family business. Their prices are great and they don't rake you over the coals with freight etc. Dustin will go over all aspects of the supply chain,how far out delivery might be and answer all the questions you may have. I'm not up to speed on motor sport stuff so I had a ton of questions and he spent 15 minutes patiently explaining everything to me. THANKS to HONDA SXS !

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!