P1000 Any regrets from base model p1k owners?

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure that anybody commented that actually has the base model...

I have a base model 2016. I never once wished I had power steering. I’m Sure it’s very nice but for the price I saved I could darn near buy roof, back panel, and windshield. The stock machines are incredibly easy to steer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yard
Not sure that anybody commented that actually has the base model...

I have a base model 2016. I never once wished I had power steering. I’m Sure it’s very nice but for the price I saved I could darn near buy roof, back panel, and windshield. The stock machines are incredibly easy to steer.
@YardDog has a base model and big tires and he's happy with it! It's all about spending what your comfortable with and ridding and working!

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yard

@YardDog has a base model and big tires and he's happy with it! It's all about spending what your comfortable with and ridding and working!
As long as I'm moving it's no big deal, kinda like driving Dad's old truck. At the time I bought mine the only 1000's they had with power steering were P5's with a bunch of crap I didn't want and would have cost me 5k more.

Reactions: YoungCountry
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a ‘16 P1000-3 base model (non-eps). I’ve got 2500 miles of trail riding my manual steer rig. I struggle with trying to understand all of the criticism of not having eps. I’ve never had regret of buying a non-eps machine. The steering comes easy to me at any speed, but I’m a diesel mechanic and have a lot of natural arm strength.

J

JTW

I have a ‘16 P1000-3 base model (non-eps). I’ve got 2500 miles of trail riding my manual steer rig. I struggle with trying to understand all of the criticism of not having eps. I’ve never had regret of buying a non-eps machine. The steering comes easy to me at any speed, but I’m a diesel mechanic and have a lot of natural arm strength.
Lmao... you f***ing dick beater!

D

Deleted member 3748

Lmao... you f***ing dick beater!
Quagmire big arm

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got over 2700 miles on my base model with no problems or regrets. Every group ride I have been on someone bends a tie rod, and every one of them have EPS. With EPS people don't feel the trail and hit crap at the worst possible angle because they can't feel it. Without EPS folks pay more attention to the approach and angle of the front tires. Without EPS people are more aware of potential damage. With EPS they tend to blast through with little regard to wear and tear.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There isn't a snowballs chance in he!! I'd buy an UTV without power steering. I'm not lookin for a workout, I want to enjoy myself.

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There isn't a snowballs chance in he!! I'd buy an UTV without power steering. I'm not lookin for a workout, I want to enjoy myself.
Non EPS want's to PUMP YOU UP! HA! I know guy's on both sides of this fence, don't have a clue! HA!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Reactions: Mudwing
B

Bayless

May 20, 2019
Lodi, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to be adding a P1k 3 seater to the stable shortly. Dealer has left over 2018 eps and base model non-eps versions in stock. I currently have a P500 that I will be keeping and of course that has manual steering. And I've owned some non-eps quads in my past.

I was hoping for opinions from any owners of these regarding power steering on the bigger machine, i.e. Does it make a drastic difference, etc. Honestly I feel I would miss the paddle shifters more than the power steering. Price difference between the 2 would probably be about $900. Not a ton of money but enough to cover new tires and wheels.

Thanks fellas

B

Bayless

May 20, 2019
Lodi, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to be adding a P1k 3 seater to the stable shortly. Dealer has left over 2018 eps and base model non-eps versions in stock. I currently have a P500 that I will be keeping and of course that has manual steering. And I've owned some non-eps quads in my past.

I was hoping for opinions from any owners of these regarding power steering on the bigger machine, i.e. Does it make a drastic difference, etc. Honestly I feel I would miss the paddle shifters more than the power steering. Price difference between the 2 would probably be about $900. Not a ton of money but enough to cover new tires and wheels.

Thanks fellas

Reactions: sharp
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is it nice Yes
Do you need it Absolutely not

My 8 year old daughter drives mine with no power steering and aftermarket tires... no problem. 2 years in without I have no regrets!

Reactions: 70Bones and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!