P1000 Any regrets from base model p1k owners?

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wouldn't have bought my 2017 if it didn't have power steering. I can ride all day and not be fatigued. And that's important when you get to 65+.

Reactions: JTW
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2018 P1k5 base with eps here.

Zero regrets. After 8 hrs of hard trail riding my arms are just fine.

CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to be adding a P1k 3 seater to the stable shortly. Dealer has left over 2018 eps and base model non-eps versions in stock. I currently have a P500 that I will be keeping and of course that has manual steering. And I've owned some non-eps quads in my past.

I was hoping for opinions from any owners of these regarding power steering on the bigger machine, i.e. Does it make a drastic difference, etc. Honestly I feel I would miss the paddle shifters more than the power steering. Price difference between the 2 would probably be about $900. Not a ton of money but enough to cover new tires and wheels.

Thanks fellas
I went from a Ranger with eps and had a tractor spinner on the steering wheel to a p1k5 with eps. The Honda is much stiffer even with the spinner, I cant imagine trying to drive all day much less 4x4 without eps, it just wouldn't be a fun day out. Get the eps and consider putting a slightly larger steering wheel on as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!