P700 Any regrets with 700 over 1000?

S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just saying.. I would certainly get a power steering model. Having originally bought a 17 p500 and then trading it in within a month after doing a ton of upgrades. I went with the 1000-5.. I honestly haven't had a chance to really put it thru the paces as I've been on vacation this past week. But from my initial impression and having already been there. Spend the $$$ and get what you want. Power steering is a must on these things and the power is nice!

Sir:

May I inquire why you traded in your 500 so quickly in order to purchase a 1000? I presume you needed more room and power, but if there is any particular insight you can offer as to why you made that change I would like to hear it.

TIA

Smokin Joe

J

JTW

Sir:

May I inquire why you traded in your 500 so quickly in order to purchase a 1000? I presume you needed more room and power, but if there is any particular insight you can offer as to why you made that change I would like to hear it.

TIA

Smokin Joe
Basically I put too high an importance on the 50" wide machine.. I was trying to get a machine to be both 4-wheeler and sxs.. I constantly found myself wanting more machine and was at a point of putting more money into it to get it where I wanted it or just upgrade to something more suited to my needs. The family liked it and wanted to ride, so it was just an easy move. I found it too big for tight atv work and too small for being a sxs.. the missing of a front diff lock and my riding harder than I expected also played a part in it.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Basically I put too high an importance on the 50" wide machine.. I was trying to get a machine to be both 4-wheeler and sxs.. I constantly found myself wanting more machine and was at a point of putting more money into it to get it where I wanted it or just upgrade to something more suited to my needs. The family liked it and wanted to ride, so it was just an easy move. I found it too big for tight atv work and too small for being a sxs.. the missing of a front diff lock and my riding harder than I expected also played a part in it.

Thank you. That information confirms to me that I am heading in the right direction with my contemplated purchase.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You leaning towards the 500 I take it?
I would go 500 or 1000, both have great qualities. One of my best friends got a 700, seems to straddle the fence. Don't mean to offend anyone here just my 2 cents.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree smitty!
The 700 have the stability of a 1000, but seem low on power due to the additional weight, but if you don't climb really steep hills and don't have the need for speed, the 700 could be your machine.

Reactions: DGann and Plumber32
J

JTW

Well, initially I was, but now I am pretty sure we're gonna get the 700 Deluxe. Just can't justify the cost of the 1000.
Ohhhh, it's well worth it! 15,500 for a 1000-5 deluxe, with a top. What's the price difference for the 700?

Reactions: DGann
B

BAMASXSRIDER

Feb 6, 2017
ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know if it the altitude that I ride in or what, but my 700 has not had a problem climbing anything that my pucker factory will allow. I mostly ride at Stoney Lonesome ORV Park in north Alabama, and as you can see on You Tube there are plenty on steep rutted out hills there. I have even stopped on a few to see what would happen. It just pulled right on up the hill.
Sure more power (and or more gears) would be great for wide open trails, but 44 mph is pretty fast where I ride mostly.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know if it the altitude that I ride in or what, but my 700 has not had a problem climbing anything that my pucker factory will allow. I mostly ride at Stoney Lonesome ORV Park in north Alabama, and as you can see on You Tube there are plenty on steep rutted out hills there. I have even stopped on a few to see what would happen. It just pulled right on up the hill.
Sure more power (and or more gears) would be great for wide open trails, but 44 mph is pretty fast where I ride mostly.
Took the words right out of my mouth

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I haven't had the opportunity to use mine much yet, but I can tell you that it drug my teardrop trailer around like it was a rag doll!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had a pioneer 700-4 for over a year and put over 1100 miles on it. But for yard work with out turf mod it would tear up the yard so I traded it on a pioneer 1000-5 and now I can do yard work with out tearing up the yard and I can haul , pull more go faster when I need to.

Reactions: DGann and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had a pioneer 700-4 for over a year and put over 1100 miles on it. But for yard work with out turf mod it would tear up the yard so I traded it on a pioneer 1000-5 and now I can do yard work with out tearing up the yard and I can haul , pull more go faster when I need to.
That and no low.

Reactions: Smitty335 and DGann

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!