Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unless you're alone.. these things are too heavy to get out. I don't know how many times we used a come a long and pulled by buddies Honda 300 4x4 out of the lake bed as kids..
I have a 1000 and one of my best friends has a real nice 700. We have a cabin in the woods with several trails, one is really steep, my 1000 will go up it with power to spare, my friends will barely make it up without tire spin, dosen't have enough power to spin the wheels. Its a hill you wouldn't want to try to back down. Iv'e been thinking about telling him to take it in and have it checked out. He had the same issues in Colorado in the fall. What do you guys think? I don't want him to be dissatisfied with his 700.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a 1000 and one of my best friends has a real nice 700. We have a cabin in the woods with several trails, one is really steep, my 1000 will go up it with power to spare, my friends will barely make it up without tire spin, dosen't have enough power to spin the wheels. Its a hill you wouldn't want to try to back down. Iv'e been thinking about telling him to take it in and have it checked out. He had the same issues in Colorado in the fall. What do you guys think? I don't want him to be dissatisfied with his 700.
The 700 doesn't have a low enough first gear, the P5 would do it. Where in NWA are you Smitty?

J

JTW

I think that's just the power to weight ratio.. that's the issue with the 700. The p5 has a better power to weight ratio.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

I've went up some hills that were nearly straight up and mine has never stopped. I use 4 lock in those situations. Would I like more power? Sure, but I've yet to not make it to the top of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've went up some hills that were nearly straight up and mine has never stopped. I use 4 lock in those situations. Would I like more power? Sure, but I've yet to not make it to the top of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, and there's only a couple hundred pounds different in the weight of a P5 verses a P7 but the P7 has 30% more cc.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think that's just the power to weight ratio.. that's the issue with the 700. The p5 has a better power to weight ratio.
Hindsville, Ar POP76 really

J

JTW

Hindsville AR POP 76 Really
I didn't have my p5 long enough to really get a complete handle of what it could and couldn't do.. but it was lacking in the power department, however choosing your gear made that better. Not good, but better. It's issue was wanting to roll over. It's fine if it's a straight line up or down... but cant it a little and the pucker factor raises significantly!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I didn't have my p5 long enough to really get a complete handle of what it could and couldn't do.. but it was lacking in the power department, however choosing your gear made that better. Not good, but better. It's issue was wanting to roll over. It's fine if it's a straight line up or down... but cant it a little and the pucker factor raises significantly!
Yea my buddy was stretching his budget for the 700, I just take him on easier trails now, don't want him to regret his purchase.

advertisement
J

JTW

Yea my buddy was stretching his budget for the 700, I just take him on easier trails now, don't want him to regret his purchase.
The 1000 is certainly awesome.. but the p5 had its merits. I can't speak for the 700. I noticed the size today on the 1000 but I was on old 4 wheeler tails and with power steering it did fine.. I noticed the width more up top than at the wheels.

J

Jshell3

The 1000 is certainly awesome.. but the p5 had its merits. I can't speak for the 700. I noticed the size today on the 1000 but I was on old 4 wheeler tails and with power steering it did fine.. I noticed the width more up top than at the wheels.
Wow. Your finally getting to test that puppy out! It's tough to buy then go on vacation immediately the next day. Ha! Well, what do you think?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Wow. Your finally getting to test that puppy out! It's tough to buy then go on vacation immediately the next day. Ha! Well, what do you think?
I think I'm going to be happy.. I just need to buy a dirt bike to go in the back! I've been baby'n it until it gets a dozen or so good heat cycles on it.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I looked at both and ended up with a used 700-4 that was a deal. Some things I am glad I did, some not.

I am glad I did for the narrower track. Where we ride in Muenster, TX its tight in many areas. 1000 would be tricky, some impassable.

Thought I would regret no low range, and have yet to need it, in TX or at 10,000 feet in Colorado full of firewood with three in front seat. (the 3rd is 12 and we fit fine, I am 6' 245).

I do wish it had a turf mode....save the tires, easier turning, etc.

Manual choice on shifter would be a nice to have but not needed. Mine seems to hold the gear I head down the hill in if I don't touch the throttle.

Mods....have some fun....Ive added soundbar, Sirius Sat radio, 2nd battery, saw holder, Kolpin holders for shovel, fire ext, dual roll bar bags, winch, lights all around, etc.

Enjoy it!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I looked at both and ended up with a used 700-4 that was a deal. Some things I am glad I did, some not.

I am glad I did for the narrower track. Where we ride in Muenster, TX its tight in many areas. 1000 would be tricky, some impassable.

Thought I would regret no low range, and have yet to need it, in TX or at 10,000 feet in Colorado full of firewood with three in front seat. (the 3rd is 12 and we fit fine, I am 6' 245).

I do wish it had a turf mode....save the tires, easier turning, etc.

Manual choice on shifter would be a nice to have but not needed. Mine seems to hold the gear I head down the hill in if I don't touch the throttle.

Mods....have some fun....Ive added soundbar, Sirius Sat radio, 2nd battery, saw holder, Kolpin holders for shovel, fire ext, dual roll bar bags, winch, lights all around, etc.

Enjoy it!!!
Sounds like you're liking it and having fun!!!

Reactions: DGann
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!