Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
good news/ bad news.

Got it home, kids loved it, having their own seat in the back was awesome for them.

Bad news- went to put it away in the shed, had about an inch of room to spare between the top of the frame and door opening. So there goes taller tires

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
good news/ bad news.

Got it home, kids loved it, having their own seat in the back was awesome for them.

Bad news- went to put it away in the shed, had about an inch of room to spare between the top of the frame and door opening. So there goes taller tires
Need to borrow my saws all?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
good news/ bad news.

Sounds like you are a candidate for a cage chop! I'm starting on mine this evening...

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
good news/ bad news.

I have the same problem, but I have the roof on to, luckily my in ramp is on an angle. This allows me to sneak in with the roof on as the pioneer is pitched back on my way in over the door jam.

An issue is either I cut the roll bar or buy a tall enough trailer if I get into an enclosed.

Reactions: DGann
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the same problem, but I have the roof on to, luckily my in ramp is on an angle. This allows me to sneak in with the roof on as the pioneer is pitched back on my way in over the door jam.

An issue is either I cut the roll bar or buy a tall enough trailer if I get into an enclosed.
I'd cut it IMO. #1 You beef up the cage in the location you cut #2 It very cheap to do #3 You don't have to buy a new trailer, unless you want one ;)

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I'd cut it IMO. #1 You beef up the cage in the location you cut #2 It very cheap to do #3 You don't have to buy a new trailer, unless you want one ;)
I don't have an enclosed yet, although I want one, filled and tow it around the country with an RV. Kind of cousin Eddie style all the way :)

I'll have to cut my Lexan windshield also.

Reactions: Tflynn and JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have an enclosed yet, although I want one, filled and tow it around the country with an RV. Kind of cousin Eddie style all the way :)

I'll have to cut my Lexan windshield also.
Man I'd love to have the same eventually!

I'm cutting mine 1.5" in the front 3" middle and 4.5" back so I can keep my windshield. I'm mainly looking to level it out and bring the back down. I don't mind the front it's the back that is way too tall.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Man I'd love to have the same eventually!

I'm cutting mine 1.5" in the front 3" middle and 4.5" back so I can keep my windshield. I'm mainly looking to level it out and bring the back down. I don't mind the front it's the back that is way too tall.
You have the 700-2 LP?

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
IMG 5543 IMG 5548 IMG 5551 IMG 5542

advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
good news/ bad news.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, there has been many of us with this problem. I was going to build a shed for the utv, but I actually did it backwards. I bought the utv in the spring and built the shed around it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, there has been many of us with this problem. I was going to build a shed for the utv, but I actually did it backwards. I bought the utv in the spring and built the shed around it.
Was that like building a sailboat in the basement??

Reactions: Superfan75 and JTW
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
good news/ bad news.

Just a couple of trick I've read on this forum. You can let some air out of the tires to lower it a couple of inches. Or you can use a ratchet strap (or similar) to compress the shocks. You might even load some blocks or sacks of concrete.

None of these are permanent solutions, but they might get you in and out with a roof until you can get her chopped.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!