Anyone have missing plugs for the frame?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does it collect a lot of dirt?
not that I have noticed.Almost repels it from sticking.a light dust might cover the lubed areas.The solvent sprayer methed works better if you lean it off with diesel fuel.where I work we have lime dust and fly ash.It gets in every moving part you can imagine.Causing them to sqeak and beg for lube.The 2 stoke made the lube stay longer and not dry as fast.It is also gentle on older bushings that would have otherwise cracked and failed.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
- 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 SXS500M2 Rear frame plug 8 piece set Caps / Covers from mikescycle-wi Ebay.com ( here I would ask him to add two round plugs and 4 square shape, I found extra two tube holes open on the bottom , the U shaped tube and 4 square that are a bit smaller so cutting with knife for exact fit required, the square shaped located next to exhaust and two in the cabin.
Sad news... Mike's Cycle, the seller of the plugs has gone out of business. Info on a new supplier from anyone would be appreciated.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nothing else on Ebay?

D

Deleted member 3748

I did find a similar set. They stuck in some "OEM hubcaps", which I suspect will stay on for about 10 minutes. At any rate, the set is $25 delivered compared to $18 from Mike's. Here's the site should anyone be interested:

honda pioneer 500 | eBay

The individual caps are pretty cheap right from Honda, according to the parts fiche.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All this talk about plugs got me to looking. Sure enough, the plug on the right was gone! So I suppose I've been packing mud and water down in there and yesterday I was running cables from under the hood to the battery, so I needed to pull the bolts along the passengers side of the skid plate. The very first bolt back from the end of the tube missing the plug twisted off!! So I'm figuring mud is packed up in there. I'll try as I can to get it all out. Then I'm going to put a block of 2x4 trimmed to fit snug in the end of the tube and then take a center punch and put a couple dimples in it and then pull the block of wood. Hopefully then when I put the new plug in place it will stay in place.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I did find a similar set. They stuck in some "OEM hubcaps", which I suspect will stay on for about 10 minutes. At any rate, the set is $25 delivered compared to $18 from Mike's. Here's the site should anyone be interested:

honda pioneer 500 | eBay
That's too bad. I won't purchase anything off e-bay. Hopefully these can be found somewhere else.

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
That's too bad. I won't purchase anything off e-bay. Hopefully these can be found somewhere else.
I received my full set of body plugs yesterday. Sold by Southside Honda of Lafayette, LA. These are genuine Honda parts - no counterfeits. The set of 12 includes some plugs that weren't on the SxS when delivered. Including them won't make your SxS a show winner or anything like that. But it does make it look like a complete production SxS. Here's what comes for $25:

GENUINE HONDA PIONEER 500 FRAME AND OEM WHEEL CAP KIT
http://stores.ebay.com, LA
/Southside-Honda-of-Lafayette-LA?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Or
Southside Honda of Lafayette
Plug Set
Plug Set

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think its better with them out,moisture will build up in there and cant escape
....you nailed it....plugs will keep moisture trapped inside...eventually rust out. Air evaporates water.... metal sweats in high moisture areas.

Reactions: Jshell3 and swsebek
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I received my full set of body plugs yesterday. Sold by Southside Honda of Lafayette, LA. These are genuine Honda parts - no counterfeits. The set of 12 includes some plugs that weren't on the SxS when delivered. Including them won't make your SxS a show winner or anything like that. But it does make it look like a complete production SxS. Here's what comes for $25:

GENUINE HONDA PIONEER 500 FRAME AND OEM WHEEL CAP KIT
http://stores.ebay.com, LA
/Southside-Honda-of-Lafayette-LA?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Or
Southside Honda of Lafayette
View attachment 10005 View attachment 10006
I hear ya brother and like it, looks like a reasonable enough deal. I just don't like leaving my financial data with e-bay. I hope to find these else where's. Thank you very much.

advertisement
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
I hear ya brother and like it, looks like a reasonable enough deal. I just don't like leaving my financial data with e-bay. I hope to find these else where's. Thank you very much.

I don't like eBay either. I did set up a user name and password JUST for eBay. They're as bad as Craigslist these days.

But - one could order directly from Southside Honda if they wish. My guess is that the assortment can be bought at any Honda dealer though.

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
....you nailed it....plugs will keep moisture trapped inside...eventually rust out. Air evaporates water.... metal sweats in high moisture areas.

What you say is definitely true. I'm at a loss though since Honda included plugs for the front rails, but not the back. And what they're selling are Honda plugs for the purpose of plugging those openings. I'll keep you posted if I see any signs of rust building up though. I'm hoping that the plugs will keep the moisture out rather than holding it in. And, it just looks 100% better.

But, if bad comes to worse, I can pull Mr. Miller Mig out and fix any problems that gets out of hand.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
hehe NOT even close! But then, I sometimes even wash the backside of the tires on my truck. Yeah - I know that's insane. But that's the way I like it.. There's no rule that I have to be mentally stable :)

I have a good excuse though. I'm old and I'm retired. I can get away with doing some stupid stuff!
I hear ya....Gem....WE ALL HEARD ABOUT YOU HIDING YOUR OWN EASTER EGGS.....HAHAHA HAHAHA

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ouch! That was SO mean and .... hmmm, excuse me. I forgot what we were talking about :)
At the car wash, spraying up into the frame tubes I see water spraying out various holes along the frame. Pretty sure that plugs will be problematic if not removed after trail rides in which one is passing thru much muddy water, and the frames washed out and allowed to dry well before replacing them. It probably does look good with them in. Can you post a pic of the rear after you have them installed?

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
At the car wash, spraying up into the frame tubes I see water spraying out various holes along the frame. Pretty sure that plugs will be problematic if not removed after trail rides in which one is passing thru much muddy water, and the frames washed out and allowed to dry well before replacing them. It probably does look good with them in. Can you post a pic of the rear after you have them installed?

Sure... install was a 5 minute job. Here's the pix's:

Front Round Front Square Rear round and Square Hubcap View attachment 10049 View attachment 10051

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I read through this but still don't get the issue with EBay if you use PayPal they don't get any of your CC info I love PayPal and have used it for many year. now they still have your address if they want to show up and my address I have a 44 and several other great surprises for them. I would however avoid some electronic goods on eBay I have made many returns and disputes for electronic goods on eBay. I wouldn't buy unless it is close to 100% positive feedback. Does the dealer not sell these or are they to expensive ? What about general parts store will they ship?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I read through this but still don't get the issue with EBay if you use PayPal they don't get any of your CC info I love PayPal and have used it for many year. now they still have your address if they want to show up and my address I have a 44 and several other great surprises for them. I would however avoid some electronic goods on eBay I have made many returns and disputes for electronic goods on eBay. I wouldn't buy unless it is close to 100% positive feedback. Does the dealer not sell these or are they to expensive ? What about general parts store will they ship?
Don't know that I should get off too deep in the e-bay PayPal thing here. I'll just say that it's a personal preference not to use them. Someone here already said they can be purchased at the dealer, so I have that option. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!