P1000 Anyone here use this glass windshield?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Came across this glass windshield when doing some research for them. I've been hoping for a windshield made of glass that opens all the way. I know there are some that crack open at the bottom and there is one that opens jeep style but you need their roof for it to work. This one is vented at the bottom and the vents can be opened or closed and comes with dual wipers on it.
Pioneer Windshield
Pioneer Windshield

Reactions: elkguide
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its made by a company called Diamond Fabrication

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you post a link. I went on their site and didn’t find the windshield. Matter of fact I didn’t find anything for a Honda!

Reactions: Slybry
Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
899 with the dual wipers plus shipping.

That’s not bad compared to the lowest price I found $828.00 for the Honda OEM versions.

Guess I’ll have to wait for more specifics until he updates his web site.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You say it lays down like a Jeep but in the picture it looks like it is fixed. Any pictures of it folded down? Oh crap I miss read it this is fixed windshield

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You say it lays down like a Jeep but in the picture it looks like it is fixed. Any pictures of it folded down? Oh crap I miss read it this is fixed windshield
Yeah its fixed. I have been holding out in hopes of someone making one that opens but every fabricator I talk to says the size of the windshield and the weight of the glass makes it impossible to design one that is stable enough to trust. I want glass because I want an electric wiper, but be able to open for the summer would be nice. This one he said is vented which helps I guess.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah its fixed. I have been holding out in hopes of someone making one that opens but every fabricator I talk to says the size of the windshield and the weight of the glass makes it impossible to design one that is stable enough to trust. I want glass because I want an electric wiper, but be able to open for the summer would be nice. This one he said is vented which helps I guess.
I had a vented with bigger vents than this one and was useless

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I talked to Alumilite today and they are now making them and they open up all the way with shocks but it would cost me $1350 with shipping. Not sure I can swallow that much for a windshield.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I talked to Alumilite today and they are now making them and they open up all the way with shocks but it would cost me $1350 with shipping. Not sure I can swallow that much for a windshield.

Wow that a bunch. Will it work with the Honda top and does that include a wiper system?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that a bunch. Will it work with the Honda top and does that include a wiper system?
He said it does, but you have to use a heat gun just on the corners of the roof to get a 1/4" of a bend for the roof to sit right. Yes wiper is included. It was $135 more for the opening option. But I guess its a good think the option now exists.

J

JTW

Damn... I can buy a lot of Super ATV windshields for that.

Reactions: EricG
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which vented sheild did you have?

It was homemade by me on my Big Red here is the best picture I can find. The holes are plugged with foam in this picture for winter open in summer but didn't let near enough air thru to help I didn't think. If I remember correct there were 5 - 1"X 6" holes

100 1613

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn... I can buy a lot of Super ATV windshields for that.
I know its a kick in the ass but it is what I want. In actuality I like the looks of the 1st one I posted better but he said no way on designing it to open because of the size of the window. He's afraid of it breaking because the glass is huge and heavy.

J

JTW

I know its a kick in the ass but it is what I want. In actuality I like the looks of the 1st one I posted better but he said no way on designing it to open because of the size of the window. He's afraid of it breaking because the glass is huge and heavy.
I agree.. I’d like an opening glass. But damn. I can run a wiper on the plastic for quite a while and replace several times after it scratches.

Reactions: Whiskey1 and EricG
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!