P1000 Anyone here use this glass windshield?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was homemade by me on my Big Red here is the best picture I can find. The holes are plugged with foam in this picture for winter open in summer but didn't let near enough air thru to help I didn't think. If I remember correct there were 5 - 1"X 6" holes

View attachment 59387

I've been eyeing up this split and vented windshield on sxsstuff.com. I haven't seen anybody on here review one yet. The bottom vents look really nice

Honda Pioneer 1000 Two Piece Windshield: SideBySideStuff.com

3 star two piece front windshield honda pioneer 1000 22

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't run a wiper on it though I assume, that's the kicker for me otherwise I would have most likely jumped on the super atv bandwagon like a lot of people have and seem to be really happy with.

I don't want a wiper or a flip out windshield. I want a full windshield for ice riding and a vented 1/2 windshield for spring and fall riding.

J

JTW

Can't run a wiper on it though I assume, that's the kicker for me otherwise I would have most likely jumped on the super atv bandwagon like a lot of people have and seem to be really happy with.
The super atv is a hard coat but I wonder how well it would really do if you had a washer sprayer and a manual wiper?

Reactions: swsebek
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The super atv is a hard coat but I wonder how well it would really do if you had a washer sprayer and a manual wiper?
I actually asked them and they said not to do it. I guess they know it'll likely scratch. The one sponsor on here national cycle seems to have the ability to make what I want but they are far out from making anything for the 1000 last time I checked with them. There is a company called optic armor which makes poly hard coated that they put in race cars. Claim you can rub it with steel and it won't scratch. Told me its as hard if not harder than national cycles. You can actually buy sheets of the stuff from them though it seems really pricey. I haven't priced a glass equivalent so I can't say for certain. That being said they did tell me it can gouge as I guess all poly can. The major advantage would be its 50 to 75% lighter than glass so having it open up much less of a problem.

Reactions: JTW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's really a bummer the cage is 53" wide. I hate the look of a 48" wide windshield with a frame around it but the price of material wider than 48" is about the same as a 48"x96" sheet

gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I talked to Alumilite today and they are now making them and they open up all the way with shocks but it would cost me $1350 with shipping. Not sure I can swallow that much for a windshield.

$1350?!??

Alumilite Armor:
$790.00 + $190 Shipping (Lower 48) = $980

That’s not bad compared to the lowest price I found $828.00 for the Honda OEM versions.

Honda OEM:
rockymountainatvmc.com price: $650.95

Honda OEM:
powersports.honda.com price $699.95 with free shipping.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$1350?!??

Alumilite Armor:
$790.00 + $190 Shipping (Lower 48) = $980

Honda OEM:

Honda OEM:
Alumilite Armor $790 (windshield only) + $220 (Actual Shipping to me) +$200 (Cost to add wiper) + $135 (cost to add gas shocks for window to open) = $1345 so I was $5 off.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda OEM:

Honda OEM:

Add the OEM wiper kit and you’re in the $800 -$850 ballpark depending on where you buy it.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see. So you're throwing in the accessories to get those prices. Makes sense now.
Gotta compare Apples to Apples the one he posted has dual pantograph wipers that are included. The Honda has a single, single arm wiper accessory that in my option does not clean enough and its an added cost over the windshield.

If someone wants the Honda Glass windshield with Wiper, Ill make them a deal on it. (local delivery) that bugger is large and breakable the first two I ordered for my 700 were broken at delivery.

gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was comparing apples to apples...OEM against OEM.
Just didn't realize they were adding on goodies to get to their prices.

Reactions: ohanacreek
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta compare Apples to Apples the one he posted has dual pantograph wipers that are included. The Honda has a single, single arm wiper accessory that in my option does not clean enough and its an added cost over the windshield.

If someone wants the Honda Glass windshield with Wiper, Ill make them a deal on it. (local delivery) that bugger is large and breakable the first two I ordered for my 700 were broken at delivery.
Not sure how accurate it is but when I spoke with Diamond Fab about the 1st windshield I have posted with dual wipers he told me Honda dealers receive 4 out of the 10 windshields they get from the factory arrive broken.

Reactions: ohanacreek
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You're gonna buy that one from diamond aren't you..LOL

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had already been looking for a pantograph wiper arm, if I can figure out how to make one work I may just go that route.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had already been looking for a pantograph wiper arm, if I can figure out how to make one work I may just go that route.
He sent me video of it working but can't seem to post video here. I'm going to talk to a fabricator and see if something local can be made since I actually want one that opens up. I am thinking it may be nice if there were actually 2 panes of glass. The bottom pane would be fixed in place and the top pane would open and then be able to remove. That way if you could remove it you would retain the bottom piece that would act as a half windshield so to speak. This would require a piece of metal running through the center, Probably lower than center, and I'm not sure how that would look overall. Should still be able to run a wiper and the weight of the piece of glass that has to open would be less since it would have 2 pieces. No idea if practical or feasible yet but I'm gonna explore the option at least.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Glass would be great, with (functional) vents. But the only time I really really hate the plastic Honda windshield that splits in the middle for venting, is when the sun is setting or rising. Nope, can't see a thing because of the glare off all those little scratches.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glass would be great, with (functional) vents. But the only time I really really hate the plastic Honda windshield that splits in the middle for venting, is when the sun is setting or rising. Nope, can't see a thing because of the glare off all those little scratches.
Been down that road that is why I'm trying like hell to get a glass windshield that does what I want.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He sent me video of it working but can't seem to post video here. I'm going to talk to a fabricator and see if something local can be made since I actually want one that opens up. I am thinking it may be nice if there were actually 2 panes of glass. The bottom pane would be fixed in place and the top pane would open and then be able to remove. That way if you could remove it you would retain the bottom piece that would act as a half windshield so to speak. This would require a piece of metal running through the center, Probably lower than center, and I'm not sure how that would look overall. Should still be able to run a wiper and the weight of the piece of glass that has to open would be less since it would have 2 pieces. No idea if practical or feasible yet but I'm gonna explore the option at least.

Spoke with him direct, he’s got a removable piece at the top to allow airflow and seal between the factory top and windshield.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!