P1000 Anyone here use this glass windshield?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He has a washer system designed for it too. Looked pretty slick. In the end I may end up going with his. I do like the looks of it.

Reactions: JTW
Flgator_80

Flgator_80

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2017
Lexington, Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually asked them and they said not to do it. I guess they know it'll likely scratch. The one sponsor on here national cycle seems to have the ability to make what I want but they are far out from making anything for the 1000 last time I checked with them. There is a company called optic armor which makes poly hard coated that they put in race cars. Claim you can rub it with steel and it won't scratch. Told me its as hard if not harder than national cycles. You can actually buy sheets of the stuff from them though it seems really pricey. I haven't priced a glass equivalent so I can't say for certain. That being said they did tell me it can gouge as I guess all poly can. The major advantage would be its 50 to 75% lighter than glass so having it open up much less of a problem.
Have you ever followed up about the optic armour? I found them to night and going to call tomorrow.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I ordered an alumilite opening windshield with electric windshield wiper I'll do a review if no one else has when it arrives. also got the roof with vents we will see how it goes

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had already been looking for a pantograph wiper arm, if I can figure out how to make one work I may just go that route.

Do you still want to sell your windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you ever followed up about the optic armour? I found them to night and going to call tomorrow.
I never purchased any from them. I can't find someone who can fab the windshield locally. I think it may be a good option for a glass alternative.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered an alumilite opening windshield with electric windshield wiper I'll do a review if no one else has when it arrives. also got the roof with vents we will see how it goes
So you got their roof as well? I would have been really curious how the windshield actually mated up with the OEM roof. Still curious on the feedback. I know someone else on here has it and did a review, I believe the pics on their website is from a member here.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
So you got their roof as well? I would have been really curious how the windshield actually mated up with the OEM roof. Still curious on the feedback. I know someone else on here has it and did a review, I believe the pics on their website is from a member here.

yes i got the roof as well but it takes a while for him to make them I can certainly put the windshield on first to see how it fits with my oem roof.

Reactions: EricG and nbomar
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes i got the roof as well but it takes a while for him to make them I can certainly put the windshield on first to see how it fits with my oem roof.
That would be great info to have. I know he told me prior that the corners would probably need to be heated to mold down to the windshield. I would love to know if this is the only issue. Thanks so much!

K

KDono

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Came across this glass windshield when doing some research for them. I've been hoping for a windshield made of glass that opens all the way. I know there are some that crack open at the bottom and there is one that opens jeep style but you need their roof for it to work. This one is vented at the bottom and the vents can be opened or closed and comes with dual wipers on it.
View attachment 59328View attachment 59328
Pretty sweet! I have the Honda OEM one and I would love the dual wipers. I do notice loosing some visibility as well but it's a must in the Alaskan winter...it was -20 this morning, ha.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sweet! I have the Honda OEM one and I would love the dual wipers. I do notice loosing some visibility as well but it's a must in the Alaskan winter...it was -20 this morning, ha.

$1100 shipped lower 48, probably $2200 to Canada or AK.

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Any updates on the Diamond Fab windshield? Dealer installing factory top next week when it goes in for first service. Looking into windshields and it starting to get cold. Have a call into DF now with a few questions but wanted to see if anyone here has one.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updates on the Diamond Fab windshield? Dealer installing factory top next week when it goes in for first service. Looking into windshields and it starting to get cold. Have a call into DF now with a few questions but wanted to see if anyone here has one.
@Kilo427 has a sweet setup for sale currently.
By the time you buy the factory roof and decent windshield, you are not too far off his asking price. He is motivated to sell it as well, it is taking up space in his garage.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I’m right her I have top with vents and a full flip out glass with electric wiper, both for 1600.

Reactions: JTW
R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah its fixed. I have been holding out in hopes of someone making one that opens but every fabricator I talk to says the size of the windshield and the weight of the glass makes it impossible to design one that is stable enough to trust. I want glass because I want an electric wiper, but be able to open for the summer would be nice. This one he said is vented which helps I guess.
I just ordered a glass windshield that tilts out or flips up, or both. you pick the the options. The Flip up option uses hydraulic struts to stabilize it when open. The Flip up window also gives you the option of just tilting it out at the bottom either 2 or 4 inches too. They said that you can ride with the window open as long as you are not doing anything crazy like leaps or jumps. You can get it with either manual or electric wipers or none at all. If you should break the glass for any reason like rocks, etc. you can have the glass replaced by any automotive glass company. Company name is Alumilite Armor. Alumilte Armor

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!