Anyone Mountain Bike?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just some insight on the sitting. Padding is not going to give more comfort in the long run whether seat or shorts. Alot of people give up because of discomfort. Have your, or you can do it yourself sit bones measured is the first place to start. Finding the right seat for you after that and determining your riding position. Adjust seat , tilt, fore and aft and height. Small increments go a very long way. Not as complicated or involved as it seems but will make a world of difference. You dont have to spend alot of money but you can waste a lot. Thought I would include picture of my Full suspension

20190421 101019

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just some insight on the sitting. Padding is not going to give more comfort in the long run whether seat or shorts. Alot of people give up because of discomfort. Have your, or you can do it yourself sit bones measured is the first place to start. Finding the right seat for you after that and determining your riding position. Adjust seat , tilt, fore and aft and height. Small increments go a very long way. Not as complicated or involved as it seems but will make a world of difference. You dont have to spend alot of money but you can waste a lot. Thought I would include picture of my Full suspension

View attachment 327657
IMO the best way to get over the sore gooch is to ride (assuming there isn't something fundamentally wrong with your seating or position). I'm getting there...it's nowhere like it was to start, but im a big fat guy, so that doesn't help. Hoping the new saddle will be an improvement as well..

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMO the best way to get over the sore gooch is to ride (assuming there isn't something fundamentally wrong with your seating or position). I'm getting there...it's nowhere like it was to start, but im a big fat guy, so that doesn't help. Hoping the new saddle will be an improvement as well..
You are correct nothing will substitute seat time, but small adjustments and fit go along way and are overlooked by many

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is this a bicycle site now? I think this is miss-posted!
Im not a Bike guy either for many reasons. If @DG Rider has every right to post this. This is an off topic Thread. If he wants to post about bikes, Who cares! let him.
If u dont like the topic, dont comment.

advertisement
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought my wife and I new MTBs in 2020. I'm 55 and we ride quite a bit. She has a blown out knee, so I got her an e-bike to keep up at elevation.

View attachment 320446

View attachment 320459

MTB Video

Here is me riding in Leadville Colorado on the trails.

We also kayak and do some other stuff outdoors:

View attachment 320458

Both bikes are Specialized brand. I've been riding for a lot of years and been on this brand since 1996.

Rob
Nice bike rack. I have a Kuat. Sorta similar

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm guessing former Catchers knees don't play well with bikes at all?
Haha actually they do. I ride a bike every other day. A Nordic track ifit trainer. Just don't ride one outdoors. A bike is the best exercise for joints, knees & hips No compression. one of my old athletic trainers got me on to it.
I just have issues with ones on the rd where i live lol. They have all these stickers that say “same road same rules” but they never adhere to them. 90% road bikes not mountain bikes. We have some great mountain bike trails in our state land trail system. A good friend of mine frequents many of them often.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!