Anyone remember the old High Lifter forums?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Back in the early 2000-naughts I spent a lot of time on there. I went by DG450S.

Remember some of member names...texmudder, BuckshotMudder, FoMoCoFan...

Guess it's gone now. Probably replaced by FB pages or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can remember...
There was another, same time, forum with mainly older members who Self-Policed the forum. No trouble.

Kagey was there with connections to the Honda ATV factory in South Carolina.

A member, I can't recall his screen name, air force veteran who had a video of a Honda ATV that was air dropped and the parachute failed to open... And, it started right up, bent up handlebars and racks.

And, and older gentleman who loved his Polaris. Wife was Poopsie. He got stuck in a little mud hole at Moab and someone got a video of a Honda pulling him out. He was kidded a lot about that. He acted cranky, but really was not. Very helpful to anyone with a problem. Can you remember him? He passed away and his wife really missed their riding adventures. I just remembered... Cobb!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes. I was there, Tree Farmer, Robert Venable with his Arctic Cat ( now works with a BMW racing team, Swamp Monster

If you can remember...
There was another, same time, forum with mainly older members who Self-Policed the forum. No trouble.

Kagey was there with connections to the Honda ATV factory in South Carolina.

A member, I can't recall his screen name, air force veteran who had a video of a Honda ATV that was air dropped and the parachute failed to open... And, it started right up, bent up handlebars and racks.

And, and older gentleman who loved his Polaris. Wife was Poopsie. He got stuck in a little mud hole at Moab and someone got a video of a Honda pulling him out. He was kidded a lot about that. He acted cranky, but really was not. Very helpful to anyone with a problem. Can you remember him? He passed away and his wife really missed their riding adventures. I just remembered... Cobb!

Hmmm....you know...I think I saw your screen name in the past and wondered if you were the TXDoc that was there. And those names do sound familiar. RealTreeGrizz seems like another name that was there, and there was another guy who also had a Foreman 450 (and incorprated it into his screen name) that worked at a dealer. And maybe an Outlaw Mudder?

As I recall, TexMudder was an early Rubicon owner doing hardcore mud, and was the first I had heard of to have tranny issues...and understandably so. And then moved on to the big Sportsman. An 850 if I recall.
And the resident genius went by Damocles?

I was never a mud guy, but it was a cool place to hang out. I was an internet rookie back then. Seems like a lot of the good old ATV forums have disappeared. Guess it's the nature of the change in the market. Can't help but wonder sometimes about those ships you pass in the night...

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damocles was, in fact, Tree Farmer. He was a moderator, and chose that screen name because if you recall, from literature, as in the Sword of Damocles .

He chose that as a moderator because trouble makers were in a situation in which something very bad could happen to them at any time. It was a figurative meaning that differed from the literal meaning. Damocles was an idiom, in that case. Attachment below.

Lurch77 was the member in the Air Force with the Honda video. I believe he worked on the electronics of the Grumman EA-6B Prowler. He said when he first got in the Navy his boss told him to go to supply and request 100 feet of flight line . Or, send someone for a 7/27" wrench.

There was also ForemanES.

I moderated as OutlawMonster. And, I got my dealership's first Rubicon 500 with the HondaMatic transmission that you could electricronic shift by thumb or let it automatically shift. and you could chose maximum torque or HP. I owned it for 19 years. Never a problem. A friend bought it and uses it often. Highlifter borrowed mine to make a2" bolt on lift kit. And used it for a mud tire shootout in one of the ATV magazines. A couple of writers were from California and New York. One of the hosts was with the Sabine River Rats. He made some gumbo. The big city guys were concerned. One asked what was in it. He said if it runs, flies or swims... It's in there. And, if you get something kinda hard to chew, it might be a coon's foot and data good luck . He also told them the difference in a Coonass (a Cajun) and a dumbass.... Is the Sabine River. South you one and north of it, you the other
Pic below of 2001 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500. I had a Warn 2500 winch on the front and back and a switch to power up one or the other. I added a switch to control the third headlight so the light would not reflect off something sticking up in the front basket and blind me at night. I had since Warn backup lights, too.

Highlifter came out with a kit to help the transmission in the mud with larger tires.

047b3c32273593ab733be282d1e3f0a2.jpg
1b9c770300824220863f1d579b8d4330.jpg
571effdf80526f011436af80abaf47b7.jpg

Attachments

• images(674).jpg
    images(674).jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 45
  • t-21056271.jpg
    t-21056271.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 56
  • t-16196645.jpg
    t-16196645.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damocles was, in fact, Tree Farmer. He was a moderator, and chose that screen name because if you recall, from literature, as in the Sword of Damocles .

He chose that as a moderator because trouble makers were in a situation in which something very bad could happen to them at any time. It was a figurative meaning that differed from the literal meaning. Damocles was an idiom, in that case. Attachment below.

Lurch77 was the member in the Air Force with the Honda video. I believe he worked on the electronics of the Grumman EA-6B Prowler. He said when he first got in the Navy his boss told him to go to supply and request 100 feet of flight line . Or, send someone for a 7/27" wrench.

There was also ForemanES.

I moderated as OutlawMonster. And, I got my dealership's first Rubicon 500 with the HondaMatic transmission that you could electricronic shift by thumb or let it automatically shift. and you could chose maximum torque or HP. I owned it for 19 years. Never a problem. A friend bought it and uses it often. Highlifter borrowed mine to make a2" bolt on lift kit. And used it for a mud tire shootout in one of the ATV magazines. A couple of writers were from California and New York. One of the hosts was with the Sabine River Rats. He made some gumbo. The big city guys were concerned. One asked what was in it. He said if it runs, flies or swims... It's in there. And, if you get something kinda hard to chew, it might be a coon's foot and data good luck . He also told them the difference in a Coonass (a Cajun) and a dumbass.... Is the Sabine River. South you one and north of it, you the other
Pic below of 2001 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500. I had a Warn 2500 winch on the front and back and a switch to power up one or the other. I added a switch to control the third headlight so the light would not reflect off something sticking up in the front basket and blind me at night. I had since Warn backup lights, too.

Highlifter came out with a kit to help the transmission in the mud with larger tires.

047b3c32273593ab733be282d1e3f0a2.jpg
1b9c770300824220863f1d579b8d4330.jpg
571effdf80526f011436af80abaf47b7.jpg
I did a search and couldn't find the forums. I take it they are long gone by now?

My rubi was a 2001. I had some issues with it not related to the engine/tranny...long story. I traded it on a 450S. It was a little after that before I joined HL, hence the screen name. The 450 was a 2002, so it would have been in that time frame I started hanging out there.
Damocles was always very helpful to people. Seemed like a very educated man. Hope he's still around.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!