P500 Anyone still have thier old Hondas?

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't ever get rid of my old rancher. I have had it for 4 years. I go out and crank it up
And let it run. I try to drive it every couple of weeks. She has always been good and I take really good care of it. I know jshell has one to. Anyone else still have thier old four wheeler?

2000 Honda Rancher 350

View attachment 24222 View attachment 24223
Well I'm already missing my old 87 Fourtrax 350. Never had a problem with and just changed the oil once in while. Sold it for close to what I paid for it 28 years ago and put that money toward my P1000 Deluxe

100 0999 2008 10 11 001

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Montecresto, I've deleted my today's comments as the resident whiner has moved in. God forbid folks skip over posts they don't like..

@LandPioneer, sorry for jacking your thread! Seemed like a pretty appropriate topic for the place.

I'm totally with you. It's unfortunate but I just don't think you can fix that mindset. They truly believe they're unaccountable for their own negligence as well as there childrens negligence. Then they sue the manufacturers for that free dollar, that only lets them know they can get rich for being negligent. :(

I grew up around three wheelers and like everything, I take the time to understand it's hazards and understand it's my responsibility not to get hurt or hurt others while I'm on it, NOT the manufactures.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm totally with you. It's unfortunate but I just don't think you can fix that mindset. They truly believe they're unaccountable for their own negligence as well as there childrens negligence. Then they sue the manufacturers for that free dollar, that only lets them know they can get rich for being negligent. :(

I grew up around three wheelers and like everything, I take the time to understand it's hazards and understand it's my responsibility not to get hurt or hurt others while I'm on it, NOT the manufactures.
We use to allow as many people in a building as could squeeze in, after so many deaths due to people not being able to escape a fire, society decided that rather than leave people to their own understanding of the hazards, it was determined that the Fire Marshall would set a safe occupancy number on all buildings. And I could go down a list of things that have been abandoned by society because they just proved too dangerous. That's why the 3-wheeler is gone!

J

JTW

We use to allow as many people in a building as could squeeze in, after so many deaths due to people not being able to escape a fire, society decided that rather than leave people to their own understanding of the hazards, it was determined that the Fire Marshall would set a safe occupancy number on all buildings. And I could go down a list of things that have been abandoned by society because they just proved too dangerous. That's why the 3-wheeler is gone!
I yearn for the day progressive liberalism is added to the list!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I yearn for the day progressive liberalism is added to the list!!
People are people, and you'll be long gone while that ideology still flourishes. But, I fail to see where it's relevant to a discussion about old Honda's and why some of them are no longer around. Or any safety issue at all for that matter.

Reactions: Rustell
J

JTW

People are people, and you'll be long gone while that ideology still flourishes. But, I fail to see where it's relevant to a discussion about old Honda's and why some of them are no longer around. Or any safety issue at all for that matter.
Because that's the root ideology that trades freedom for security. No matter if we're talking old school Honda 3 wheelers, guns or building capacity. I understand that much is done with good intentions and often times out of need or necessity but it ALWAYS seems to be taken too far and rather than focus on where the real issue is.. many with that mindset choose to blame this or that rather than facing the actual reason things happen.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Because that's the root ideology that trades freedom for security. No matter if we're talking old school Honda 3 wheelers, guns or building capacity. I understand that much is done with good intentions and often times out of need or necessity but it ALWAYS seems to be taken too far and rather than focus on where the real issue is.. many with that mindset choose to blame this or that rather than facing the actual reason things happen.
I don't agree with all the frivolous law suits. Nobody should be punished for making the three wheeler, at the time we all thought it was the s***, just as we did with the bonding strength of lead in paint or the insulating value of asbestos. The TSB and all others involved in influencing the decision to tell manufacturers to not make three wheeled ATV's any longer didn't diminish anyone's freedom, it inspired a modification that we all agree has been an improvement, everybody wants a 4 wheeler. ;)

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Don't even bother with trying to get the liberals to understand their accountable for there own negligence. God forbid A lib get bucked off a horse. They'd try like hell to ban them too.

I want three wheelers brought back, they don't buck you off when the get into barbed wire or by a snake.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Banning the manufacture of 3-Wheelers wasn't a political issue, it was a safety issue that affected people across the political spectrum. Instead of repeating conservative talking points, a thorough read of the reports delivered by multiple panels to congress on the safety hazards of the 3-wheeler would settle the matter. The 3-Wheelers not coming back.

Reactions: Rustell
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like a yellow Yamaha Tri Moto 125 I had when they hit the market in late 70s. Just got a P 500 to go along with 1996 and 1997 Polaris 4 wheelers still running. Wish they had the P500 back then!

Now that I have the P5, I'm selling my '99 Polaris Scrambler 500 this Saturday.
Plowed snow for about ten yrs with it. Selling it for $700 less than I paid for it. It did right by me.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea my Honda Fourtrax 350 was a beast, greatest atv I ever had. Would do anything I asked it too, even dragged a 6 pt. Elk Bull back to camp for me. It was a chore sure but had the power to do it. Sold it for almost what I bought it for in 1986. Also had a a 3 wheeler 250 big red. Didn't miss it as much as my fourtrax. Am now enjoying my P 1000 D, have about 500 miles on it, no running problems so far.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!