Are "R" wheels the same size as "X" wheels?

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I see some used factory tires and wheels for sale at an OK price. They are the polished wheels from an X. I have a 2021 R. I just wonder if the widths and backspace are the same? I am guessing they are, but I am sure someone here knows for sure. Thanks!

Tom

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pssst - save up for beadlocks. 😍 Once I lowered my tire pressures (looking for a softer ride) I spent a lot of time wondering if I was going to unseat the bead :oops: in bermed corners or downhill off cambers.

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Dang it, man!!! Beadlocks weren't even on my radar screen. I just ordered a winch, winch mount, spare tire mount, turn signals, RotoPax cans and mounts.You know, just the basics. I have my credit card number memorized! And I need a rear windshield, pronto. Look for another post on that, or just answer here! I am leaning towards the EMP one, since it is hard coated. Now I need beadlocks?!! And I haven't really looked at skids yet. This is worse than my Jeep! I guess the Talon was just a starter kit to have something to bolt the accessories on to!

Tom

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Glad I kin help. :cool:

I have the SuperATV back window, also hard coated but I'm having trouble getting the gasket pushed on around the edge, so it's just propped up in the corner pissing me off. :confused:

The 1/2" skid and snorkel were #1 and #2 priority for me but especially in yer environment. Be sitting down when you look at the cost of a skid. :oops: I have, and like, the Trail Armor skid and trailing arm protectors. The FactoryUTV skid is also highly regarded. The stock Honda skid is no more than a dust cover.

Trail Armor's photo - note how far it goes up the sides.
I X8KSb35 M

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!