P500 ATV Silencer BT-500 Honda Pioneer 500 (15-18)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If someone else is looking for one I'm not keeping it, look in the buy/sell o_O

Yeah, I've got one for sale too. First ride with it on was yesterday and I don't like it. Others in the group said I had black smoke coming out of it at first, wasn't real concerned and just figured it was residual oils and such burning off. At one point @Remington made the comment that he could smell a cigarette that I lit up and that it smelled better than the sh** coming out of that can. It does make it quieter at low rpm's and would be perfect for hunting or those that like to creep but it was robbing me of power and that was unacceptable for me. Running on a relatively flat trail, I would grab 5th and start losing speed even with a heavy foot on the pedal. Next stop at the trail head I took it off and ran it on the pavement until I hit the limiter at 43, much better!
BTW, I got pulled over on that speed run by deputies in a Wildcat. Excessive speed going over 25 mph. No ticket, he was mainly concerned whether I had been drinking or not.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yeah, I've got one for sale too. First ride with it on was yesterday and I don't like it. Others in the group said I had black smoke coming out of it at first, wasn't real concerned and just figured it was residual oils and such burning off. At one point @Remington made the comment that he could smell a cigarette that I lit up and that it smelled better than the sh** coming out of that can. It does make it quieter at low rpm's and would be perfect for hunting or those that like to creep but it was robbing me of power and that was unacceptable for me. Running on a relatively flat trail, I would grab 5th and start losing speed even with a heavy foot on the pedal. Next stop at the trail head I took it off and ran it on the pavement until I hit the limiter at 43, much better!
BTW, I got pulled over on that speed run by deputies in a Wildcat. Excessive speed going over 25 mph. No ticket, he was mainly concerned whether I had been drinking or not.

Speeding in a P5.....that's awesome!!!!

I sent SilentRider an email asking if I can return it, we'll see....

C

Chooglin

I was going to reply to this thread when it first got started , about the power loss when you restrict the exhaust.

When I made my dual exhaust pipe , I liked it and didn't notice any difference in preformance , just riding the back woods at my house. After taking it to RRB and riding with others , I really noticed the power loss. Mostly when climbing a hill , when you need all that awesome 500 cc of power :). I was following @Cavediver for the majority of the day down there and he was powering up hills like it was nothing but mine was struggling a bit.

When I got home from RRB , I removed the exhaust pipe and noticed a difference instantly , after I took a short ride. That pipe or any other pipe will never be going back on my machine.

I never mentioned anything because I didn't want to kill anyone's joy about getting this silencer.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Speeding in a P5.....that's awesome!!!!

I sent SilentRider an email asking if I can return it, we'll see....

Let me know where you get with that, it's a little discolored after a couple hours of riding. Noticed one of my round frame plugs was starting to melt too.

Reactions: 906UP
R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Let me know where you get with that, it's a little discolored after a couple hours of riding. Noticed one of my round frame plugs was starting to melt too.
20% restocking fee....If I recall I seen that on there site before ordering.

Reactions: Smitty335
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just got off the phone with ATV Silencer. They said box it up and send it back and they will credit my card once they receive it. Told them it had gotten hot and a little discolored, didn't sound like it was going to be an issue. ;)
I got the same response, very nice people to deal with.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Dang i wish this would have gotten better reviews. was thinking of one to use during deer season. But now I'm not so sure.

Reactions: trigger
O

Oregonkirk

Dec 24, 2017
John Day, Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Same here, I was strongly considering it. Plus, I spend quite a bit of time above 6,000". I'll stick with ear plugs for now.

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
I'm keeping the one I have...It works for me.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mine's boxed up and ready to ship back. I wish it would've worked out too but... If you're creeping low rpm's, like getting back to a hunting spot, I think it would be fine. Trail riding and top end was like sticking a plug in its ass, I regret the few hrs it was on there.

Reactions: RumpRocket
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Mine's boxed up and ready to ship back. I wish it would've worked out too but... If you're creeping low rpm's, like getting back to a hunting spot, I think it would be fine. Trail riding and top end was like sticking a plug in its ass, I regret the few hrs it was on there.
I agree, low speed it was fine but not really what I was looking for. I dropped mine at the UPS depot in Ypsilanti today after I left a customer.

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Same here, I was strongly considering it. Plus, I spend quite a bit of time above 6,000". I'll stick with ear plugs for now.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I hunt around 6000 to 9000 feet, I like the quiet feature for sure but not at the expense of a substantial power loss. You don't have a lot of extra power you can afford to to lose with the P500. Think I'll wait to see a few more reviews before I commit to buying one. If Trigger don't like it, that ain't good.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Speaking of exhaust...
Head in Exhaust

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here’s @trigger looking at his silencer saying “WTF is that smell?” Lmao

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Actually I was adjusting the shocks but that was about the time that silencer was stinking.
Thanks for raining on my parade little bro :p:D

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!