awesome plow

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
if anyone is looking for a great way to plow snow I can't say enough about my 2019 Honda 500 Pioneer. I plow snow up to 30 miles an hour. I put the stock 24s back on thinking they would cause less wear on the clutch and to be honest I think the tread pattern of the factory 24s probably work better then the 26 inch deep lug tires i use in the summer.

20201225 150317

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
I love plowing with my new 520. I agree with you on the stock tires, they worked at packing down the snow way better than the 27 Bear Claws I just put on. The Bear Claws tend to chew up the snow a lot and leave a lot more messy path behind. The stock tires worked really well in the snow as well, plowing and on the trails. I don't have chains on mine because I also do trail riding in the winter as well. I have to plow in 4wheel drive. I do most of it in 2nd gear.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I’m glad the performance is there and hope you don’t run into a surprise under the snow at at 30 mph!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
if anyone is looking for a great way to plow snow I can't say enough about my 2019 Honda 500 Pioneer. I plow snow up to 30 miles an hour. I put the stock 24s back on thinking they would cause less wear on the clutch and to be honest I think the tread pattern of the factory 24s probably work better then the 26 inch deep lug tires i use in the summer.

View attachment 253895

BH's became number one for a reason and why many others have tried to copy them. Granted they put the sh***y ones on stock but the flotation and tread pattern is still solid. Mud tires don't like snow and sand.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
This post has got me thinking now. I was going to sell the stock wheels and tires but now I might put them back on for the winter and then switch back to the wider and bigger 27's for the summer. Get twice the length of life as well and a much better packed down and cleaner driveway.
The stock 24's are Vee Rubber, never even heard of this brand before.

IMG 3813

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
This post has got me thinking now. I was going to sell the stock wheels and tires but now I might put them back on for the winter and then switch back to the wider and bigger 27's for the summer. Get twice the length of life as well and a much better packed down and cleaner driveway.
The stock 24's are Vee Rubber, never even heard of this brand before.

View attachment 254073
Those look great for ice and snow.

49north

49north

Jan 9, 2021
Daisy WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I will set up my 520 this year for plowing. Hoping to use the warn pro vantage system which I really like so I can switch plows between the 520 and my rancher. I like the 50'" plow so I can run my trails till the snow gets too deep. It also will fit if I need to trailer with the plow attached.

Reactions: Smitty335
NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the 66 inch plow so that I could use it on a 700 when I get one of those. When I saw it installed i thought the 66 was too big for the 500. But after a few months of plowing I think the 66 is the perfect size for it. If I ever get a 700 4 seater I will probably go to a 72" plow for it.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Those look great for ice and snow.
They work surprisingly well, even in deep snow.
I bought the 66 inch plow so that I could use it on a 700 when I get one of those. When I saw it installed i thought the 66 was too big for the 500. But after a few months of plowing I think the 66 is the perfect size for it. If I ever get a 700 4 seater I will probably go to a 72" plow for it.
I agree that a 66" would be ideal. I got the 60" because of room where I park mine.

G

goderd

Sep 10, 2018
Muskoka
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 253895
Who makes this plow? Looks pretty decent! Thanks.

advertisement
D

Dj2833

Jul 31, 2020
Suffolk County, NY
Ownership

1. 500
That looks like the Kfi plow I’m considering to buy. Does the mount need to come off for riding season or can you just unhook push tube & blade? I have winch & KFI high mount on my machine already… I’m looking for something easy as possible to put on or take off at end of season. Appreciate any input.

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
That looks like the Kfi plow I’m considering to buy. Does the mount need to come off for riding season or can you just unhook push tube & blade? I have winch & KFI high mount on my machine already… I’m looking for something easy as possible to put on or take off at end of season. Appreciate any input.
The plow and push tubes are easy to remove and I've never had an issue leaving the attachment plate on year round. I do loosen the mount and rust check underneath once a year since I do use salt on the driveway.

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
The plow and push tubes are easy to remove and I've never had an issue leaving the attachment plate on year round. I do loosen the mount and rust check underneath once a year since I do use salt on the driveway.
And yes it is KFI. My bike is 50" wide and I ordered the 72" plow, it's a good combination, when the plow is at a 45 degree angle the plow path is still (slightly) wider then the bike.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!