Backseat

J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
I had a P1000-5 with stock back seats, at 5'7" being in the back was comfortable with enough leg room. Mostly rides well but certain types of bumpy areas can get really bouncy unlike the front seat.

It does get warmer back there then the front seats though so it's not something I would do much of when it's warm out.

Also, unless you are sitting still you can forget having a conversation between the front seats and rear seats without being really loud or yelling unless you get an intercom system.

The only other thing I would mention is the rattles and squeaks - there are ways to help minimize it but you will always have some due to the style of the machine. If that is something that bothers you it might not be for you.

All said it's a great machine though, I think it would be worth finding a ride with someone to get your own opinions and possibly look into the Talon 4 seater as well depending on your needs.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go, encouraged me to get this write-up done.

RAD Customs Seat Extenders
Really nice write up Dave. I just throw some cushions in but yours is a great idea. Our grandkids love riding in the back plus on the 1000-5 you can comfortably fit 3 adults up front as long as the other two aren't my size. We love ours. The option for trading between seats and the bed are invaluable for us. Rode in a Ranger recently and there is no way you can convince me that they are built anywhere near as well as the P1000. No way...…...

T

Trevor122

Jun 26, 2021
Gorge
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rad Customs in Idaho makes a pretty affordable and slick back seat “booster”, worth checking out. I plan on ordering a pair for myself...

Reactions: Smitty335
JasonBoh

JasonBoh

Mar 23, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my youngest 2 (twins boys ) are around 6'2" and about 350lbs. They wouldn't want to spend a full day in the back seats Im, sure but on shorter rides the only thing they complain about is their feet getting hot and a little complaining getting in/out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!