P1000 Backup Light/Bed Light switch options

D

Dron_jones

Oct 8, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently purchased the backup LED light kit from the Honda SXS store, the install was easy and the lights work great. After using them for a bit, I thought it would be really nice to be able to manually turn them on as well for use not just when backing up.

I’m no wiring guru but I do understand the basics. Would there be a way I could tap into the existing light wiring and hook up to a rocker switch so that I can manually turn them on? The part that was giving me some concerns is what happens if I had the lights turned on manually and also put the vehicle in reverse would I need some sort of diode to prevent any damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My cabin lights and bed lights are LED rock lights . Small, bright and tiny current draw. See what others are doing. Good luck

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I recently purchased the backup LED light kit from the Honda SXS store, the install was easy and the lights work great. After using them for a bit, I thought it would be really nice to be able to manually turn them on as well for use not just when backing up.

I’m no wiring guru but I do understand the basics. Would there be a way I could tap into the existing light wiring and hook up to a rocker switch so that I can manually turn them on? The part that was giving me some concerns is what happens if I had the lights turned on manually and also put the vehicle in reverse would I need some sort of diode to prevent any damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Club store has a 3 way switch just for that.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
PioDawg

PioDawg

Sep 19, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The store will definetly get in your pockets. Nice user friendly essentials.

Reactions: TxDoc
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My cabin lights and bed lights are LED rock lights . Small, bright and tiny current draw. See what others are doing. Good luck
emoji106.png

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

THis is how I wired mine, through a relay... also include a back up camera (using the reverse trigger)View attachment 233060

Honda Pioneer Reverse Flood Lights Camera Monitor DICE MODS

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
R

Riceman-Ducker

Mar 14, 2020
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a simple 3 way toggle switch mounted above my left shoulder on the roll bar structure support. Since it's a positive ground you don't need to run any wires from the battery. In one position the lights come on when put in reverse, in another they are on whenever the unit has "keyed power" and in the last position they do not come on at all if you choose.

Very simple to do , I think I got 5 of those toggle switches for $10 on amazon or ebay.

PioneerBackUp

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a simple 3 way toggle switch mounted above my left shoulder on the roll bar structure support. Since it's a positive ground you don't need to run any wires from the battery. In one position the lights come on when put in reverse, in another they are on whenever the unit has "keyed power" and in the last position they do not come on at all if you choose.

Very simple to do , I think I got 5 of those toggle switches for $10 on amazon or ebay.

View attachment 233614
Nice... simple.

3DTractoring

Nov 13, 2019
ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the dual backup light kit that is listed for the 700 also fot the 1000? Thanks

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!