P700 Bad Discussion....necessary topic.

Q

Qualules

Apr 22, 2016
Billings, MT
All,

I have a 2016 700-4. Over the last YEAR, I've been going through a nasty divorce. Last July, the Battle-Axe took my Honda, on the trailer, without the key as a way to be vengeful. I could do nothing about it at the time, as we were still technically married. Police wouldn't do anything.

Fast forward to now, the Big D is final. As I knew, the Honda ended up in my asset pile. The problem is, she's responsible for any "damage" to the Pioneer. I know it was stored outside, uncovered and not started since last July.

My question is this. I plan on taking it to the Honda Dealer and getting it inspected. I live in Montana and we've had a heck of a winter with cold, cold weather. I suspect the gas has soured but am wondering what else I should be worried about in an inspection. She's going to be responsible for any damages for not bringing the machine back the way it was. What should I be looking for besides the usual?
20170621 205913

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sugar in gas happened to my brother in similar circumstances. Just plugged up filter several times. And check airbox for crap. Good luck

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m really sorry about your situation but glad to hear it seems you’re going to continue on.
The 700 is a beast of a machine and very dependable. Personally in that time I can’t imagine anything is really necessary other then a bottle of Heet added to the gas unless she was real vindictive. I’d have them possibly do a full fluid change, replace all filters and check gas. You’re probably just fine. Wish for better days

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with the gents above.
Consider all costs to get it trail worthy cost of divorce. It might cost a chunk of $, but by the time you pay lawyers and courts again, might as well suck it up and move on.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Divorce sucks but you got the Honda. Pretty much everything has been said and unless she went out of her way and messed with the fuel or fluids, all I would do is check all fluids, top off the fuel tank and ride.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pretty much echo the same advice given. Drain the gas tank if it looks suspect. I'd just give it a hard look over for anything obviously damaged or bent and drive the crap out of it

Reactions: Superfan75
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm with the others. D sucks. Sorry you had to experience that.
Have them change all the fluids. That will tell you/them every thing.
Once the fluids are changed take it for a long ride to verify nothing froze and cracked. (have another sxs go with you)

Other than that... I don't know if fading plastics can be replaced under your terms of divorce.

J

JTW

Damn, you did something that really pissed her off!! Like everyone has said.. realistically you’re probably fine. Change the fluids and truck on!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Best of luck in the future...The 700 is one tough machine.. I agree with the others, all fluids would be the main area of concern...Maybe check a nut or bolt here and there, and maybe a quick look at the wiring, to make sure scissors were not used anywhere..

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If she didn't specifically vandalize it, I would expect it to run fine with fresh gas and a charged battery.

Reactions: Plumber32
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did she leave your rifle mounted on the windshield the entire time as well?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All,

I have a 2016 700-4. Over the last YEAR, I've been going through a nasty divorce. Last July, the Battle-Axe took my Honda, on the trailer, without the key as a way to be vengeful. I could do nothing about it at the time, as we were still technically married. Police wouldn't do anything.

Fast forward to now, the Big D is final. As I knew, the Honda ended up in my asset pile. The problem is, she's responsible for any "damage" to the Pioneer. I know it was stored outside, uncovered and not started since last July.

My question is this. I plan on taking it to the Honda Dealer and getting it inspected. I live in Montana and we've had a heck of a winter with cold, cold weather. I suspect the gas has soured but am wondering what else I should be worried about in an inspection. She's going to be responsible for any damages for not bringing the machine back the way it was. What should I be looking for besides the usual?View attachment 68651
I would soak her Tampons in Tobasco sause!!!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!