Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I can feel a lot of heat being moved. But I'm just curious if the larger fan would do better. I honestly think I need to bring in cooler air instead of just moving g already heated are from under the seat. I'm contemplating adding air intakes under the seat where your legs are. Maybe a air intake similar to a snorkel.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can feel a lot of heat being moved. But I'm just curious if the larger fan would do better. I honestly think I need to bring in cooler air instead of just moving g already heated are from under the seat. I'm contemplating adding air intakes under the seat where your legs are. Maybe a air intake similar to a snorkel.
I like your idea, thought about mounting the fan to the back of vertical part below seat, went and looked, the vertical has ribs and would need to come up with a way to make a grill look good on the inside of the cab.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t know the comparison we’ve only had the 7” but it breathes very well. They are quiet. I had ours on a variable switch and was automatic. We were very happy with it
We had the small computer fans to bring in heat to the cab but when open it would move a lot more air

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is what I'm thinking as well. I've got the heat shield all the way up the back and radiator fan but feel it still needs fresh air added.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is what I'm thinking as well. I've got the heat shield all the way up the back and radiator fan but feel it still needs fresh air added.
Maybe just jerry rig it for now and see if the Talon has the answer !

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy just did this to his. Cut 2 holes out and ran vents with hose to both 4" fans. Says he could tell a big difference.... After hearing how loud it was I decided against it. I've been running a set of Deltons doors and 2 4" fans and have no heat to complain about.

Reactions: Landman
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My buddy just did this to his. Cut 2 holes out and ran vents with hose to both 4" fans. Says he could tell a big difference.... After hearing how loud it was I decided against it. I've been running a set of Deltons doors and 2 4" fans and have no heat to complain about.

Deltons doors? Can you show some pics of your setup? This is going to be one of the mods I do this winter, & I'd like to do it right the first time..

Reactions: Delton
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just completed the first service. Dont understand why they can't just use a spin on filter? I think I'll go ahead and do the sub trans as well as soon as I can pick up some more oil. I also think I'll remove the skid next time as well, so I dont make such a mess.

Got my 1000 and the wifes Rancher on the trailer. Going to Windrock in the morning for a short ride. Havent rode anything but city streets in a month!

20180929 193956

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!