ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plated mine with chromoly and upgraded to 12.9 bolts and lock nuts. Wore the holes out again (1 ride) and machined washers to capture the heads of the bolts and welded in. Trashed the bushings after doing that (1 ride). So next I'm cutting the A arms and putting in heims and tabs for separate bolts like the bottom a arms. Red locktight and new locknuts and still came loose. The new UHMW SATV bushings may help as they should give a little more but I have not tried those.

View attachment 105414

View attachment 105415

What he said mine is getting worn and shouldn’t

Reactions: Rambo and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always hear good things about the Bushing sb
Guess i dont ride hard enough. I had everything apart the other night and it was all still tight. No wear that i could tell.
you started off with the UHMW bushing right?

@snuffnwhisky - you still are using the original non UHMW bushings correct?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Correct.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Not sure what mine are...whatever they were using a year ago..

Reactions: Remington and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just trying to see if anyone that has used their UHMW bushings from the start has had this problem? I mine that were put on a year ago were UHMW.. not I have replaced the bottoms on one side but they did not really need it

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
whats weird is after 500 miles my bushings weren't worn at all but the hole was 30% larger and the bolt was worn down 20%. Since I had everything apart i replaced the bushings with new and put holes in the metal to allow grease to reach the bolts.

heres the video before LOTS of slack.
Right now the right side loosened up a little and was making racket but I tightened it down and have been checking it after a day of hard trails.

Pioneer 1000 SuperATV bushings and frame holes worn after 500 miles

Reactions: Remington
J

JTW

whats weird is after 500 miles my bushings weren't worn at all but the hole was 30% larger and the bolt was worn down 20%. Since I had everything apart i replaced the bushings with new and put holes in the metal to allow grease to reach the bolts.

heres the video before LOTS of slack.
Right now the right side loosened up a little and was making racket but I tightened it down and have been checking it after a day of hard trails.

Pioneer 1000 SuperATV bushings and frame holes worn after 500 miles
That’s impressive!

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My bushing are original and still look good. I did take the SATV pivot tube and compared it to the OEM tube and found that there was s little more play in the SATV. (Meaning the bolt had more wiggle room inside the sleeve)
Think I'll upgrade with a new UHMW kit, which also comes with new pivot tubes and see what that does.
After everything Snuff did to strengthen his, that's the only missing link I see....?

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
J

JTW

My bushing are original and still look good. I did take the SATV pivot tube and compared it to the OEM tube and found that there was s little more play in the SATV. (Meaning the bolt had more wiggle room inside the sleeve)
Think I'll upgrade with a new UHMW kit, which also comes with new pivot tubes and see what that does.
After everything Snuff did to strengthen his, that's the only missing link I see....?
What are you calling pivot tubes?

advertisement
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you calling pivot tubes?
The sleeve that slides in the a-arm tube, that the bolt then go through.

This picture of them is not referencing the variance I mentioned in the other post.

20190129 235748

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I would try them as the stock rubber bushings havent beat up the holes. I made chromoly pivot tubes also.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and Rambo
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I talked to SATV about the new bushings and they didn't seem to think that would play a role in the problem. My bushings look to be in good shape but I didn't feel confident about the long metal pivot tube, so I ordered a complete replacement kit.

I also ordered these.

Screenshot 20190201 092101 Chrome

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!