These are McMaster part numbers

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a question for you welders out there. I gave it a Google to see if it was ok to weld chrome-moly to mild steel using mig and got mixed answers. (of course)
Tig seemed to be the best, but mig was okayed depending on the application.
I'm just looking to put in chrome-moly weld washers to my upper A-arm mounts.
Snuff I know you did this, you mind to chime in?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got a question for you welders out there. I gave it a Google to see if it was ok to weld chrome-moly to mild steel using mig and got mixed answers. (of course)
Tig seemed to be the best, but mig was okayed depending on the application.
I'm just looking to put in chrome-moly weld washers to my upper A-arm mounts.
Snuff I know you did this, you mind to chime in?
It's fine to do with a mig.

advertisement
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got everything put back together. I put a new bushing kit in from SATV. The only sign of wear I found comparing the old pivot tube to the new one in the kit, was length. The old pivot tube was worn down. So this was probably the reason the bolt worked it's way loose which resulted in the egg shaped mounting holes again....
The chrome moly weld washers are a nice addition, they really added a lot more thickness verses the OEM frame mounts.
We'll see if this was a proper fix after a few trips out....

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rock Ready UTV. If you order any note the are sold individually, from there pic it looks like they come in a set. They were a perfect fit for the m10 bolt.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got everything put back together. I put a new bushing kit in from SATV. The only sign of wear I found comparing the old pivot tube to the new one in the kit, was length. The old pivot tube was worn down. So this was probably the reason the bolt worked it's way loose which resulted in the egg shaped mounting holes again....
The chrome moly weld washers are a nice addition, they really added a lot more thickness verses the OEM frame mounts.
Did you notice any hardness difference in the bushing material old vs new?

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Rambo do you run a lift?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I have SATVs 3" lift.
Thanks , I know you had the holes for your upper A arms get bigger and I know Snuff and ohanacreek were not running lifts when they had it happen. So far both @GlockMeister and myself have not had that issue but both got our A Arms after they went to UMHW bushings. Since we both just removed our lift is crossed my mind that maybe the lift was preventing our from happening .... yea crazy logic but since you had a lift we can rule that out

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks , I know you had the holes for your upper A arms get bigger and I know Snuff and ohanacreek were not running lifts when they had it happen. So far both @GlockMeister and myself have not had that issue but both got our A Arms after they went to UMHW bushings. Since we both just removed our lift is crossed my mind that maybe the lift was preventing our from happening .... yea crazy logic but since you had a lift we can rule that out
I think in my case, the bolts just worked their way loose and I didn't catch it until the damage was done....
Don't think the lift played a role but the heavy ass tires I had didn't help matters.
All I know is my buddy has the same setup as mine, has never ran anything bigger than a 28" tire and hasn't had this problem.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!