Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think in my case, the bolts just worked their way loose and I didn't catch it until the damage was done....
Don't think the lift played a role but the heavy ass tires I had didn't help matters.
All I know is my buddy has the same setup as mine, has never ran anything bigger than a 28" tire and hasn't had this problem.
I keep a watch on mine since this all started popping up. Run heavy 30’s as well with SATV arms and up until today Highlifter lift. Going to try that for a while and see how it works out.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep a watch on mine since this all started popping up. Run heavy 30’s as well with SATV arms and up until today Highlifter lift. Going to try that for a while and see how it works out.
Yeah I seen where you were taking your lift off, any other reason besides a better ride?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I seen where you were taking your lift off, any other reason besides a better ride?
Mine is off and I have STAV arms and 30’s. The arms give it a little lift and paired with the 30’s. 2 reasons for me is ride comined with shock geometry. I do have Fox shocks I could tell a bit more stiffness with the lift. Second is being able to get it in my toyhauler a lot easier ;)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Basically it’s been too cold to ride so I have to mess with something and I just want to try it out.. I went from Riding with fox shock without the lift to adding the lift and I did not like the lift then but soon after added the A arms and 30’s and the ride greatly improved. I just want to try it now without the lift to see if that does anything to ride quality. I like the way mine rides now (wit everything I have done to it) and if it does not improve or if I miss the clearance -I’ll put the lift back on.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Basically it’s been too cold to ride so I have to mess with something and I just want to try it out.. I went from Riding with fox shock without the lift to adding the lift and I did not like the lift then but soon after added the A arms and 30’s and the ride greatly improved. I just want to try it now without the lift to see if that does anything to ride quality. I like the way mine rides now (wit everything I have done to it) and if it does not improve or if I miss the clearance -I’ll put the lift back on.
I thought about taking mine off just to make it easier on the axles, I've replaced to many here lately. I'm pretty sure my problem is the ALLBALL axles. I put them on all four corners before last years takeover and have replaced all of them again under warranty. Only one of them actually broke but the other 3 started clicking. When these axles first came out they said nothing about not running a lift with them, now they don't recommend it!!!! When the next one fails I'll probably go with the Rhinos from SATV and if those don't hold up the lift is coming off!

J

JTW

I thought about taking mine off just to make it easier on the axles, I've replaced to many here lately. I'm pretty sure my problem is the ALLBALL axles. I put them on all four corners before last years takeover and have replaced all of them again under warranty. Only one of them actually broke but the other 3 started clicking. When these axles first came out they said nothing about not running a lift with them, now they don't recommend it!!!! When the next one fails I'll probably go with the Rhinos from SATV and if those don't hold up the lift is coming off!
Well, you’ve seen the issues I’ve had with my rear axles.

Reactions: Rambo and Ragnar406

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!