Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga. Looks like you have been busy going in the right direction.

T

TSJ

Jul 31, 2020
Republic MO
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, to the forum. Have you had Bert out to Chadwick Mo or Mill Creek Ar.?
We took it to Chadwick once when it was still at 50" wide. Even then, most of the trails we rode seemed really tight. I know Chadwick is primarily a dirt bike and 4 wheeler place that opened up to 50 inch wide SxS. I haven't been to Mill Creek. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks

Reactions: Mudwing
T

TSJ

Jul 31, 2020
Republic MO
Ownership

1. 500
So on my last wheeling trip I ended up playing on some pretty rough trails. Both my front wheels took a beating so I decided to order a couple new wheels and do some strengthening. I contacted a local fab shop and had them cut out some 12" rock rings. All welded up, painted, and ready for the next trip. My friends call Bert a little tank so I kept with the camo theme and painted them camo khaki.

IMG 3623 IMG 3675 IMG 3689 IMG 3690 IMG 3758 IMG 3763

Last edited:
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
What trails were you riding? The wheel rings looks good. Did the inside of the rims also get dinged up? Did you also weld the rim rings on the inside of the wheels?

Reactions: TSJ
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So after my last wheeling trip I ended up playing on some pretty rough trails. Both my front wheels took a beating so I decided to order a couple new wheels and do some strengthening. I contacted a local fab shop and had them cut out some 12" rock rings. All welded up, painted, and ready for the next trip. My friends call Bert a little tank so I kept with the camo theme and painted them camo khaki.

View attachment 243021 View attachment 243022 View attachment 243023 View attachment 243024 View attachment 243025 View attachment 243026
Looks great!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after my last wheeling trip I ended up playing on some pretty rough trails. Both my front wheels took a beating so I decided to order a couple new wheels and do some strengthening. I contacted a local fab shop and had them cut out some 12" rock rings. All welded up, painted, and ready for the next trip. My friends call Bert a little tank so I kept with the camo theme and painted them camo khaki.

View attachment 243021 View attachment 243022 View attachment 243023 View attachment 243024 View attachment 243025 View attachment 243026
Looks good

T

TSJ

Jul 31, 2020
Republic MO
Ownership

1. 500
What trails were you riding? The wheel rings looks good. Did the inside of the rims also get dinged up? Did you also weld the rim rings on the inside of the wheels?
I was at SMORR in sw Missouri. Awesome off-road park. Very well marked but I was following some friends in bigger rigs on trails I knew would push the p500 to its limits. Just the outside that got dinged. The rock rings are just on the outside.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Contacted SSS Offroad directly and got a sweet hondasxs forum discount as well as the free shipping they are giving right now. Received the skids last week and promptly went to work in my garage. I got most of it done one evening but decided using the lift at my work the following day would be much easier for the drilling and tapping of the 10-12 additional bolts. I figured as long as I was ordering parts and that the trails I wheel are not width restricted, I decided to order some 4+3 steel wheels while I was at it. Wife and I both decided that a little more mud slinging was an okay compromise for added stability. So that's it for now. This is how Bert now sits at about 55" wide. Overall I'm very please with no regrets. Plenty of power for what I'm using it for. A winch and new shocks are about all that's left on my short list.

View attachment 234286
View attachment 234287
View attachment 234288
View attachment 234289
Right on!Put a locker in the front and really surprise your buds!

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all. Thought I would go ahead and say Hello and start a build thread on my P500. Been lurking here for a few months looking at other builds and gathering info. Thought I would share what I've done so far to mine and everyone loves plenty of pictures. Wife decided to name him "Bert"

Took delivery on August 1st on a leftover but brand new 2018 with a decent discount. Added at time of purchase from the dealership the factory hardtop, rear upper frame cargo bag, and 26" Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's. They had the top in stock but had to order the bag and tires.

Maiden voyage was just to run up and down a few fire roads with a buddy from work. Here is his Talon in comparison to Bert.

View attachment 234266

The tires and bag came in the following week. Mounted the tires on the stock wheels. One of the main reasons we got the sxs was for the wife to learn to drive it as well. I've been riding motorycles both street and dirt for many years. I've taken her two up on my Yamaha TW200 many times, even on somewhat technical single track. Doable but not much fun especially when you have to stay seated the whole time. So this way we can both have more fun. Will be times when I'm riding solo on TW with her following in Bert. But for now, I'm having so much fun driving the P500 we are just taking turns. I also picked up a couple Craftsman tool boxes from Lowes and u-bolted them to the rack. One side for tools, straps, buck saw, and a come-a-long. The other side for a soft cooler, goggles, gloves, light jackets, snacks and sammiches. Secure and weather tight while bouncing down the trails.

View attachment 234267
View attachment 234268
View attachment 234269
Welcome from NE Missouri.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!