P1000 Best deal on Fox shocks.

J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking for the best deal on fox shocks front and rear for a pioneer 1000. I see ebay sells the set for 1399$. Just wondering where you guys are getting your s from Was looking into the 814 shocks but not fully convinced they will work for me. Seems to be mixed reviews. I run my buggy hard and I think foxes will fit the bill. Anyone’s insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Reactions: Eltobgi
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking for the best deal on fox shocks front and rear for a pioneer 1000. I see ebay sells the set for 1399$. Just wondering where you guys are getting your s from Was looking into the 814 shocks but not fully convinced they will work for me. Seems to be mixed reviews. I run my buggy hard and I think foxes will fit the bill. Anyone’s insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe
I have been real happy with my fox shocks. I like that it's simple to change settings. With the variety of duties I use the pioneer for it's nice that I can switch the shocks with an easy click and move on.

I see @Dragon21 has some front fox shocks for sale if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dragon21
J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I contacted dragon about his shocks for sale. I go from hauling firewood to ripping down the trails so easy setting changes would work good. I’m finding the stock ride is absolutely horrible In most situations. Damn thing rattles your teeth on the small bumps and bottoms out on the big bumps. I may be asking too much of the ole pioneer or the stock setup is just that horrible. It looks like it’s gonna cost me 1400$$$ to find out.....

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I contacted dragon about his shocks for sale. I go from hauling firewood to ripping down the trails so easy setting changes would work good. I’m finding the stock ride is absolutely horrible In most situations. Damn thing rattles your teeth on the small bumps and bottoms out on the big bumps. I may be asking too much of the ole pioneer or the stock setup is just that horrible. It looks like it’s gonna cost me 1400$$$ to find out.....
I could understand the possibility of not being satisfied with the stock on BIG bumps, but the small stuff???? It rides unbelievable smooth to me.

Reactions: taino_racing
J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I could understand the possibility of not being satisfied with the stock on BIG bumps, but the small stuff???? It rides unbelievable smooth to me.
Maybe it’s perspective but every branch, rock, and imperfection I run over seems to be inputed directly into chassis. My back has had enough abuse over the years. Took a spin on a new teryx 4 seater with fox shocks and wow it felt good. Maybe it’s a combo of the fox shocks and softer seats that made it better even though it has less suspension travel.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The fox are definitely an improvement. If you plan to get real wild I'd buy elka stage 5.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Thanks, Joe
FOX QS3 Shocks are worth every cent! I use mine for work and play! For the most part I run mine on the softest setting while slow trail riding and then set the fronts to the middle setting while running hard to prevent them from bottoming out! I say go for it you’ll be glad you did!

Reactions: Tigermark
J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What wheel and tire setup are you running... the more sidewall the better she will ride.

I’m running 28-10-12 gbc dirt commanders on all four corners. Was thinking of lowering pressure. Im running 13psi, anything less I’m afraid of getting pinch flats. Also I’m sure the Elkas are good shocks but that is way outta my budget almost 3000$

Reactions: pa220
J

JTW

I’m running 28-10-12 gbc dirt commanders on all four corners. Was thinking of lowering pressure. Im running 13psi, anything less I’m afraid of getting pinch flats. Also I’m sure the Elkas are good shocks but that is way outta my budget almost 3000$
Try 8-10 psi.. I won’t say the stage 5 Elka’s aren’t “better”.. but for the money I think the foxes will do all you want and need.

J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Try 8-10 psi.. I won’t say the stage 5 Elka’s aren’t “better”.. but for the money I think the foxes will do all you want and need.

Yes im sure the elkas are better but 1400$ better probably not. That’s almost a whole Paycheck lol. Sxs are an expensive and addictive hobby that’s for sure.

J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Like I said in the first postif anybody knows where I can get the best deal on fox shocks, let me know.

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just picked up a set of fronts at Big Valley Honda in Reno for $659. Best deal I could find.

D

DDDonkey

Little off topic here, but how are the FOX shocks, with work? I mean with a load or moving a trailer around? I move my 16' flat bed with mine all the time (in low range) and like how the load leveling works.

J

JTW

Little off topic here, but how are the FOX shocks, with work? I mean with a load or moving a trailer around? I move my 16' flat bed with mine all the time (in low range) and like how the load leveling works.
I haven’t had any issue... my thought was if I had a heavy load I could just turn the rears to firm vs the adjustment knobs on other brands where I’d have to remember clicks.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered some front shocks off of Ebay from a honda dealership. Just had to wait a month or 2 for them to release the 15% off coupon. Got the front shocks for $599 shipped. Now waiting on another 15% off coupon to pick up the rear shocks. I think it is worth it to wait a couple months to save a couple hundred $'s. The stock ride is good, but I am always trying to make things better.

J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ordered some front shocks off of Ebay from a honda dealership. Just had to wait a month or 2 for them to release the 15% off coupon. Got the front shocks for $599 shipped. Now waiting on another 15% off coupon to pick up the rear shocks. I think it is worth it to wait a couple months to save a couple hundred $'s. The stock ride is good, but I am always trying to make things better.
How do you receive the 15% off coupon?

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just have to wait until they offer a discount code. It is usually on their home page and usually a one day deal only. The last one I had to order thru Ebay Mobile in order to receive the 15% off.

I installed the fronts and boy oh boy is there a major difference from stock. I am anxiously awaiting another discount code to order up the rears.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Just have to wait until they offer a discount code. It is usually on their home page and usually a one day deal only. The last one I had to order thru Ebay Mobile in order to receive the 15% off.

I installed the fronts and boy oh boy is there a major difference from stock. I am anxiously awaiting another discount code to order up the rears.
Doing just the fronts shows you how bad the rears are! After my first ride with just fronts, I immediately ordered the rears that night!

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree! If a coupon doesn't come out soon, I do not know if I can wait to order the rear shocks. I haven't adjusted the preload yet and only taken it for a 10 mile ride, but the difference was blatantly obvious.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!