GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Have you done the mod yet? If so, did it make a difference?

I installed the billet aluminum Talon upgraded on my machine that flows better then the stock plastic Talon's, it is over kill for most Pioneer's.
To answer your question, I did it to one of my friends Pioneer LE and he claims it is better he has no other mods.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed the billet aluminum Talon upgraded on my machine that flows better then the stock plastic Talon's, it is over kill for most Pioneer's.
To answer your question, I did it to one of my friends Pioneer LE and he claims it is better he has no other mods.
Where would we find the billet aluminum upgraded one for the Talon? 🤔

Reactions: GPR1500SC
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
More details please on any/all kind of improvements or problems.

I am not sure what you want to know?
It works 😊
It gives you more mid range power the stock Pioneer cam is a Stupid Stupid Stupid design Honda detuned the Pioneer 1000 everywhere you look it is not designed for power, small intake tube ( stock ok, moded machine restrictive) air box and filter on the small side but ok, intake adapter very bad, Camshaft designed for low end power it starts to choke up at roughly 7,000 rpm's exhaust tube diameter (stock ok moded too small) muffler bad.

I will start sounding like a broken record as I keep repeating myself.

On a stock machine here is my recommendation, 1 replace intake adapter oem Talon is good enough unless you are going to replace your cam and port your head.
2 replace your muffler and tune it and enjoy.

Anything after that is going to cost you the big bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: russknight
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure what you want to know?
It works 😊
It gives you more mid range power the stock Pioneer cam is a Stupid Stupid Stupid design Honda detuned the Pioneer 1000 everywhere you look it is not designed for power, small intake tube ( stock ok, moded machine restrictive) air box and filter on the small side but ok, intake adapter very bad, Camshaft designed for low end power it starts to choke up at roughly 7,000 rpm's exhaust tube diameter (stock ok moded too small) muffler bad.

I will start sounding like a broken record as I keep repeating myself.

On a stock machine here is my recommendation, 1 replace intake adapter oem Talon is good enough unless you are going to replace your cam and port your head.
2 replace your muffler and tune it and enjoy.

Anything after that is going to cost you the big bucks.
OK, looks like basically it improves mid range somewhat, but surely does not add 30hp.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
You might want to read post 17 on the linked thread to help understand where they hid the thirty HP.
It would help give you more top end to but the cam is holding you back.
Don't expect a lot maybe 1 to 5 HP?

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good list above. I’ll add :
The Reverse lever adjustment for no more pulling and the seat belt limiter disable, Free.
A metal box (close to $100).
Harbor Freight 3500 winch on sale for $99.
Wireless winch remote for $15.
Pulley snatch block for hard winching insurance.
Northern tool LED cub light for cargo light mounted on rear of OEM roof and it tilts down for a cab light (2 for $25).
A horn for getting the attention of riding buddies.
A LED volt meter for the dash after I had a bad voltage regulator that fried a battery with 18v output.
Headlight eyes from @thevinylcreator
Telescoping spring type radio antennas for spider web catchers
Side mirrors.

Three years later and all working fine.

Image Image

Last edited:
Bohnt10

Bohnt10

RoostBoost Equipped...
Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2017
NW Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The best bang for the buck on a Pioneer 1000, is the Talon air tube to throttle body adapter it is under $7.00

I tried to get my stock out and the screw head started to strip...anyone else try this and have the same issue?

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!