Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You think 30's will fit with a highlighter lift and no forward a arms?

I'm going to say probably not. At least I hope not. I hope that these tires are true to size.

Reactions: JTW
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
You think 30's will fit with a highlighter lift and no forward a arms?

We've got a Teryx trade in with a highlifter kit on it. Man it's a cheezy looking set-up.
30's will be tougher yet on your clutches;)

Reactions: trigger
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
With 750 miles last year during hunting season on my original tires and looking for a spare on EBay....Found a set of brand New takeoffs I had to go for - Bighorn 2.0's on 5"/7.5" steel rims from a Yamaha SxS. They are 25-8-12 front with +.5" backspace and 25-11-12 with +1.5" backspace. Also pull out the sway bar. Now I sit at 51.5" on rear and 50.5" on front. Should be more stable, do a little better on the low traction stuff, still fit the posts on our 50" trails out West, and I can use one of the originals aired up tight for a carry along spare. All for $275. Our archery hunt starts in 3 weeks so I will report back after I log some miles. Who thinks this was a good idea? Any recommends on a tire pressure? Do I air them for the same pressure front vs: rear, or the same rolling radius? I say rolling radius since the loaded weight is different front vs: rear and tire size is different.

WB

Last edited:
Reactions: TXBubba
advertisement
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
With 750 miles last year during hunting season on my original tires and looking for a spare on EBay....Found a set of brand New takeoffs I had to go for - Bighorn 2.0's on 5"/7.5" steel rims from a Yamaha SxS. They are 25-8-12 front with +.5" backspace and 25-11-12 with +1.5" backspace. Also pull out the sway bar. Now I sit at 51.5" on rear and 50.5" on front. Should be more stable, do a little better on the low traction stuff, still fit the posts on our 50" trails out West, and I can use one of the originals aired up tight for a carry along spare. All for $275. Our archery hunt starts in 3 weeks so I will report back after I log some miles. Who thinks this was a good idea? Any recommends on a tire pressure? Do I air them for the same pressure front vs: rear, or the same rolling radius? I say rolling radius since the loaded weight is different front vs: rear and tire size is different.

WB

UPDATE:

Took a 3 hour ride in the mountains Sat 8-5-17. Started with all tires at 8 psi. Changed to 6 psi all the way around after the first hour. HUGE improvement in ride and traction. Did not notice any difference in tippy-ness (tilto-meter sitting next to me did not go off! LOL) I will probably try 5 and maybe 4 psi before I settle on the final number.

WB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!