Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I kept my wiring simple by mounting the 3"
blower on a reversible bracket, but I haven't
added the hose to pipe it into the cabin. i just
take my insulating pad out from under the seat
in the winter and the heat comes up behind the
seat is more than enough for winter riding.

John

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
The noise isn't bad. I have to listen to make
sure they are running. I did add my second
blower with wire ties around the first blower,
just for more CFM.

I bought one the laser cut switch panels that
another forum member was making. It's the 10
switch version to go over the placard area on
the dash.

John

How much noise do they make, and where did you put the on/off switch?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can just barely hear mine over engine idling. Not at all driving

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mine has got nosier with use

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is ingenuity at it's best.
Yes it is! But it still pisses me off that for the money we pay for these machines (pick a Brand) We have to go to Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, ETC.and cobble together a system to handle and or distribute excessive engine heat. S*** Honda or (pick a brand) could turn this around do a factory fix and install a factory blower /heater system charge a couple hundred or less for it and we would have a system that would be a warranted factory install and solve one of the more talked about problems across the board.
OBTW I have a 4" Atwood Turbo fan on mine.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is ingenuity at it's best.
Yes it is! But it still pisses me off that for the money we pay for these machines (pick a Brand) We have to go to Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, ETC.and cobble together a system to handle and or distribute excessive engine heat. S*** Honda or (pick a brand) could turn this around do a factory fix and install a factory blower /heater system charge a couple hundred or less for it and we would have a system that would be a warranted factory install and solve one of the more talked about problems across the board.
OBTW I have a 4" Atwood Turbo fan on mine.
That's the blower mine currently has on it. And while i do agree with what you're saying I have to keep in mind I'm sitting on top of a pretty big twin that spends most of its time at pretty slow speeds. Things are bound to get hot lol.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the blower mine currently has on it. And while i do agree with what you're saying I have to keep in mind I'm sitting on top of a pretty big twin that spends most of its time at pretty slow speeds. Things are bound to get hot lol.
I agree completely Delton. My contention is that this is a common and known problem or opportunity ( for the factory) to correct an issue that comes up all too often and would be a simple fix for the factory. Honda could also tout the fact that they are the first to correct a known problem by turning it into a heater/blower from the factory. I know you guys already know this, I'm hoping Honda is reading these posts and will give it some thought.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree completely Delton. My contention is that this is a common and known problem or opportunity ( for the factory) to correct an issue that comes up all too often and would be a simple fix for the factory. Honda could also tout the fact that they are the first to correct a known problem by turning it into a heater/blower from the factory. I know you guys already know this, I'm hoping Honda is reading these posts and will give it some thought.
You'd think after 4 production years they'd have jumped in and fixed it huh? I'm as much a Honda fanboy as anyone but they've been slipping last few years. My p1k is paid off in less than 2 years. I'll keep it but I'll be eyeballing that KRX for my next one.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'd think after 4 production years they'd have jumped in and fixed it huh? I'm as much a Honda fanboy as anyone but they've been slipping last few years. My p1k is paid off in less than 2 years. I'll keep it but I'll be eyeballing that KRX for my next one.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. We have 2 older dogs that go everywhere with us. When they are gone we will be looking at a different machine, unless Honda makes some big changes.
And the KRX LOOKS really good so far, maybe a Talon also.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running 4" attwood for two years on dtdp switch its works well the tube from fan to cab makes the heat work well but for heat needs to come off to work better for cooling have in reverse for winter

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s exactly what I was thinking. We have 2 older dogs that go everywhere with us. When they are gone we will be looking at a different machine, unless Honda makes some big changes.

Two of the chicks that I ride with

AE1BA948 C9E6 4D24 BEB6 4963F1494833

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!