BOX1

P1000 Bilge blower for heat

S

Swheels

Dec 4, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I mount the bilge blower in reverse will it supply enough heat for winter use? Anyone with experience with this heater method? Carbon monoxide issues?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: BWAF
M

mcho

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2016
NW Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I mount the bilge blower in reverse will it supply enough heat for winter use? Anyone with experience with this heater method? Carbon monoxide issues?

Thanks in advance

I cut a hole in the bulkhead behind my legs and mounted the blower to blow through the hole. My blower did not like running backwards. It will not cook you out but any heat is better than none. I did not have a problem with carbon monoxide. Mark

S

Swheels

Dec 4, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut a hole in the bulkhead behind my legs and mounted the blower to blow through the hole. My blower did not like running backwards. It will not cook you out but any heat is better than none. I did not have a problem with carbon monoxide. Mark
Thanks for the info. Thought i would mount 2 4" blowers, one facing back to cool and one ducted forward to heat with a vent into the cab.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the info. Thought i would mount 2 4" blowers, one facing back to cool and one ducted forward to heat with a vent into the cab.
Ran 7" fan to cool and two 3" computer fans in for heat. Works pretty when warmed up

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I reversed polarity on my twin 3" blowers with holes/vents in bulkhead. Didn't notice much heat coming out. But my system wasn't very efficient. What JShell suggested is a great idea.

B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I reversed polarity on my twin 3" blowers with holes/vents in bulkhead. Didn't notice much heat coming out. But my system wasn't very efficient. What JShell suggested is a great idea.
I used one 3” blower, positioned right near the exhaust manifold area. I wired the on/ off/on switch to operate the blower both directions and vented out center of seat box just tried it for first time yesterday...10 degrees outside and it made snow on my boots and floor melt. Happy with my results.

Reactions: BWAF and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used one 3” blower, positioned right near the exhaust manifold area. I wired the on/ off/on switch to operate the blower both directions and vented out center of seat box just tried it for first time yesterday...10 degrees outside and it made snow on my boots and floor melt. Happy with my results.
It was June when I tried it. That's probably why you noticed a difference and I didn't lol.

Reactions: Barnstormer
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

This is ingenuity at it's best. Question: If the fan isn't always turned on, in either direction, will the heat from engine or exhaust melt or damage the plastic fan? Especially in the warmer months. I'd hate to have to always run the fan.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is ingenuity at it's best. Question: If the fan isn't always turned on, in either direction, will the heat from engine or exhaust melt or damage the plastic fan? Especially in the warmer months. I'd hate to have to always run the fan.
Mine hasnt yet...i have one very close to the header.

Reactions: BWAF and Delton
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hooked a foil vent tube to my blower to a vent below the seat and am happy with the results. Not as good as a heater but provides some heat in winter. I just remove the foil vent tube in summer.

20171112 060453

B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll keep an eye on it and report if I notice anything
I’ll let you know if I see anything happening

M

Mtnman

Aug 21, 2017
maryville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine Melted last week end and it was at least 12" from the exhaust

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had mine 1 1/2 winters and 1 summer w/o any problems

M

Mtnman

Aug 21, 2017
maryville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was turning it pretty tight and winching at the same time but was afraid to run the fan due to pulling the battery down

B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was turning it pretty tight and winching at the same time but was afraid to run the fan due to pulling the battery down
Wow! Mine is 6” from exhaust manifold area and no issues so far.

Reactions: Mtnman
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!