P1000 Bison Grille Guard - Waste of money.

BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I purchased the Bison grille guard and side pieces. (The side pieces are works of art for the record, they were perfect.)

For the usage of my machine this guard was to protect it from hitting corn stalks, sticks, and other tall weeds / grasses when I cross fields and nothing more. This unit fastens to your existing factory bumper, so it's not a full replacement.

I took the new guard out to the garage to fit it up, and what do you know... the part they sent me is the correct one, but it was clearly made on a hangover Monday, or a Friday at 4 o'clock. All of the attachment points were welded completely in the wrong places. As well the bottom bars which attach to the lower frame were not put through the bender at all, so they were 5 inches too wide, and sat 5 inches too low to attach to anything because of the top brackets.

I bought $450 worth of scrap metal. Figured I would share so that nobody else has to make a costly mistake like this. I wonder how far "Delton" lives from me, he has a tubing bender. :cool:

DSC05858 DSC05859 DSC05860 DSC05861

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
That's unfortunate and hope you can get it resolved to satisfaction ....

Reactions: sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow that looks terrible. I hope you can send it back and get something else

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is that really how it attaches.
With those 4 puney brackets.
That's totally a junk bumper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes it's just a "for looks" grille guard. I had planned to completely remove the factory bumper and fabricate some mounts that would make this a structural piece and not just a garnish.. But I don't wan't to start with one that doesn't fit to begin with..

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Doesn’t look terrible as seen here...

Reactions: RedFred1
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That actually does look pretty good... I can see why you spent your hard-earned shekles on it. Too bad they can’t figure out the manufacturing process.

Looking at your last picture... could you bolt down the upper brackets and use your floor jack to move the bottom pipes close enough to bolt down?

FredD

Last edited:
BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The top mounting brackets are welded in an area that puts the very top of the grille right in the center of the headlight. In the vid you posted, you can see the headlight surrounds are supposed to be waaayy further up and out of the way.

The bottom image you see, the very bottom holes are my plow mount, the bottom of this grille has to go where the silver bolt is above the plow mounting bracket. I considered trying to bend them as you mention, but they are also 5 inches too wide as well, I'd have to find a way to cut a pie slice out of them, bend them in, and weld the pie cut back up.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The top mounting brackets are welded in an area that puts the very top of the grille right in the center of the headlight. In the vid you posted, you can see the headlight surrounds are supposed to be waaayy further up and out of the way.

The bottom image you see, the very bottom holes are my plow mount, the bottom of this grille has to go where the silver bolt is above the plow mounting bracket. I considered trying to bend them as you mention, but they are also 5 inches too wide as well, I'd have to find a way to cut a pie slice out of them, bend them in, and weld the pie cut back up.

Return it they screwed up not you.

BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The ebay seller that I ordered this from, ordered it from another outfit, that ordered it from Bison.

A real cluster! Thank you for having my back :)

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is why I ALWAYS pay with a credit card. If item is not as claimed and all else fails to resolve the problem, I can file a dispute with Cabela's and get a refund.

BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update, finally seller gave me a return shipping label after ebay told them if they didn't do it in 24 hours I would keep the item and they would force the refund.

Email stating refund was issued the same day.. just waiting to see it on my credit card statement.

Even the people at Bison were in denial about making such a big mistake.

D

DDDonkey

Update, finally seller gave me a return shipping label after ebay told them if they didn't do it in 24 hours I would keep the item and they would force the refund.

Email stating refund was issued the same day.. just waiting to see it on my credit card statement.

Even the people at Bison were in denial about making such a big mistake.

Sounds like good news, keep us updated if it goes through.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!