BlackThing - 1000-5 LE

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Any idea what caused it? Did the fan kick on and off normally?

That's bad news! Are you bringing it back to the dealer to have it looked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scb888

Scb888

Mar 1, 2017
Kansas City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's bad news! Are you bringing it back to the dealer to have it looked at?

My dealer is 1000 miles away in Kansas City, the nearest one here is Grand Junction. Going to try the burp today and see if that works!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
My dealer is 1000 miles away in Kansas City, the nearest one here is Grand Junction. Going to try the burp today and see if that works!

What I read on the forum there is a bleeder screw on the top of the engine. It's marked a different color. Maybe on thermostat housing?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Might be the thermostat not working correctly. Did it show hot on the gauge?

Scb888

Scb888

Mar 1, 2017
Kansas City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fcdd063487baf547b81fd386620110f3

Day 2, hit the trails after filling up the radiator and burping the coolant. No overhearing! Smoother than any machine I have had on these rocky trails. All went well until I checked the oil and took 3 hours to reinstall the damn dipstick. Why the hell does that have to be so hard to not crossthread? 48 miles on the machine. Installed the cooler, spare tire, rotopax rack tonight. Rotopax late shipped so next week. Awesome! Pics tommorrow ;)

J

Jshell3

You are working the bugs out, nicely!
Glad to hear the burping worked!!!
I've got 75 miles on mine (P1k5 Deluxe). You better get to riding!

Also, keep up the good work with the pictures. You've got us all wanting to hear how awesome the ride is...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Day 2, hit the trails after filling up the radiator and burping the coolant. No overhearing! Smoother than any machine I have had on these rocky trails. All went well until I checked the oil and took 3 hours to reinstall the damn dipstick. Why the hell does that have to be so hard to not crossthread? 48 miles on the machine. Installed the cooler, spare tire, rotopax rack tonight. Rotopax late shipped so next week. Awesome! Pics tommorrow ;)

Yea the dip stick that designed the dip stick is a dip stick, I turn mine counter clock wise until it clicks and then turn it clock wise,

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WOW.. Keep the pics coming.
So glad you got the air out of the system. Should be great going forward.
When do I get my next trophy to set on the mantle next to my first one, HA!

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

WOW.. Keep the pics coming.
So glad you got the air out of the system. Should be great going forward.
You should add this Day 2 pic to the IG post. It's a good shot. Multiple pics mean swipe left.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Going to have to show this to dad.. we've had the itch to get back out there. This may push us to schedule!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My brother is relocating to Utah for the summer and taking his P1000-5. He wants me to come out and go wheeling with him but I'm working hard on my debt payoff plan. I might have to reconsider. Anyone else up for Moab this summer?

J

JTW

My brother is relocating to Utah for the summer and taking his P1000-5. He wants me to come out and go wheeling with him but I'm working hard on my debt payoff plan. I might have to reconsider. Anyone else up for Moab this summer?

Yup!! We went both times in early June and it was nice.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We have talked about it many times with different rigs over the years. I realy want to make it hqppen.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R

Lake season for me! But I'm in for a fall run!

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!