Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is the question........
still liking it?

I'm sure that "cold and rainy" is relevant. We're looking at another 6" of snow predicted for Friday night!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is the question........
still liking it?

I'm sure that "cold and rainy" is relevant. We're looking at another 6" of snow predicted for Friday night!
Ever thought about moving south and join the gripe class about the heat issues on there S X S

Reactions: Plumber32
RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So hit Fins N Things in Sand Flats. I am very familiar with this trail. I have had a built JKU and Xterra on it. Plus a AC Prowler. All did fine with the full trail.
Put the PK1 in low I-4wd and it crawled over everything so easily. 2 adults, 2 kids, shocks on middle. Went great for about 10 minutes...then it overheated and boiled over. Poured our water bottles in the res tank after it cooled and got it back to the condo. Not happy. The machine now has 37 miles. 9d1eaeba87af312c4629525600b85f8b

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I had this happen on a 2017 1000-5d with 11 miles on it. Boiled over as well, came home elevated the front of the bike opened the radiator put a quart in let it run for five minutes made sure the overflow had some fluid and it's been fine since. It seem this happen, I found at least 3-4 others that had the exact same issue. Good luck. Great machine you have there!

GumpAir

GumpAir

Jun 16, 2016
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had this happen on a 2017 1000-5d with 11 miles on it. Boiled over as well, came home elevated the front of the bike opened the radiator put a quart in let it run for five minutes made sure the overflow had some fluid and it's been fine since. It seem this happen, I found at least 3-4 others that had the exact same issue. Good luck. Great machine you have there!

Same here, on the first long, hard, steep climb in low range. Burped it, and found about 1/2 gallon of air in the system. Now it behaves.

But I still keep the temp gauge up on the console to watch it. I don't trust it not to overheat yet. I also made sure the dealer documented the issue and suggested they make sure they were checking that the cooling systems were bled properly as they let these bikes out the door.

Gump

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same here, on the first long, hard, steep climb in low range. Burped it, and found about 1/2 gallon of air in the system. Now it behaves.

But I still keep the temp gauge up on the console to watch it. I don't trust it not to overheat yet. I also made sure the dealer documented the issue and suggested they make sure they were checking that the cooling systems were bled properly as they let these bikes out the door.

Gump
Wow, I bet that's a dealership mistake, they ship them dry.

T

trailrider1205

Aug 30, 2017
Edgerton, ks
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious what the manual says about burping the system? The Honda Civic I had, had instructions on burping the coolant when changing the fluids.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!