Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then things kinda went sideways....
At first we thought he got water on the belt but we pulled the drain and nothing but a petroleum products came out. It wasn't hot and didn't feel like motor oil. My guess is melted grease but who knows. Anyways, he was dead in the water. Dead. So we turned around and went back down the hill.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At first we thought he got water on the belt but we pulled the drain and nothing but a petroleum products came out. It wasn't hot and didn't feel like motor oil. My guess is melted grease but who knows. Anyways, he was dead in the water. Dead. So we turned around and went back down the hill.
The black water that came out of the drain was belt dust mixed with water. My ranger would do that all the time very annoying when every time I went through water I had to drain it out. Once the last drop falls out it was good to go.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The black water that came out of the drain was belt dust mixed with water. My ranger would do that all the time very annoying when every time I went through water I had to drain it out. Once the last drop falls out it was good to go.
Thought about that too. Did yours have the consistency of oil? No actual water at all. It was slick like petroleum too.

Reactions: drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don towed him first. We went back up the shortcut from bottom of long rocky hill to mudholes. @joeymt33 and a few others can testify that trail is no cakewalk. Especially going up it. We did winch him over that one rock part.
My turn came at bottom of that very long rocky hill. My rig bounced and dug and bounced all over the place. I told dude to hang on tight cause I was keeping the revs up no matter what lol. We winched couple times but she drug him most of it. Very impressed with how it did.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She did run hot once and had to stop. Can't say I blame her dragging that dead weight up that kinda grade. Loose rocks to boot. Clutches still tighter than a prom queens thighs.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My only problem of the day was my lineloc leak getting worse. It'd been sleeping for a couple weeks. I'll put stock piece back in until new loc comes.
IMG 20170606 221422652 1336x752

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don towed him first. We went back up the shortcut from bottom of long rocky hill to mudholes. @joeymt33 and a few others can testify that trail is no cakewalk. Especially going up it. We did winch him over that one rock part.
My turn came at bottom of that very long rocky hill. My rig bounced and dug and bounced all over the place. I told dude to hang on tight cause I was keeping the revs up no matter what lol. We winched couple times but she drug him most of it. Very impressed with how it did.

That's an impressive pull to be towing dead weight. You guys probably should have trained all three together for that hill.

Good work guys. Glad you got a lot of good video!

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think it's just a small oring in there. Mine came with an extra.
Now that you mention it, I think mine did too. Too bad I have no idea where that friggin box is now lol. Fortunately I have an Oring inventory that'd rival any auto parts store. I'll check into it tomorrow.

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Commentary was awesome on the videos lol.
This was the first time I've ridden with a Polaris sxs. Totally n completely glad I went with what I have. What a crapper! Love their use of storage and..............well, that's where it ends. Same as new and can't handle that little section after some water? Did y'all notice the rear wheel stopping during the mud puddle? If my clutches burn up in the morning I'll still be praising that machine.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I loved the commentary too. Umbilical cord was hilarious!

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)
At that point I was hysterically disappointed in Mr. Popo. Dragging it all those miles like we did wasn't the best scenario for us, but whatcha gonna do? Gotta get him back to his trailer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!