russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Welp, stuck a stick through the floorboard yesterday. I will have to tear the whole front end off the machine to replace the plastic. If I choose to do that, you can bet I will install some kind of metal skid plates to prevent it from happening again. Floors and firewall should be metal in these things. Bad design Honda.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welp, stuck a stick through the floorboard yesterday. I will have to tear the whole front end off the machine to replace the plastic. If I choose to do that, you can bet I will install some kind of metal skid plates to prevent it from happening again. Floors and firewall should be metal in these things. Bad design Honda.
Skids was my 1st mod. 1 ride in the rocks and I figured that out. After seeing pictures of sticks through the floorboards, I was convinced you need skids even if u dont ride rocks. I still haven't addressed the firewall yet.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Many on the Honda forums will recommend UHM PLASTIC SKID. Equally as strong as metal depending on thickness stronger .
Metal has memory the dents stay in , drags harder over rocks & plenty of noisey.
Weight wise Aluminum likely wins
UHM plastic has no memory doesn't dent , slides over rocks quietly little to no noise or resistance .

Finish off with box liner or tailgate ptoctor have done this to P500 & P700.
Cut & fit pieces vertical Behind Ft.Tire & Infront of Rear Tire put a hole where it meets the frame to those out.
Gives full protection under both seats 2nd. battery underdriver & fuel tank under passenger.

20200725 123146 20200725 123200

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there any factory made options for the firewall/behind the wheels?

Most sets cover all of the floor board but I've not seen anythng that protects behind the wheels as well

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I installed metal plates inside my fender, skid plate below. An earlier post with a stick right thru into seat back.

C91CC9B9 EB0E 4AED 8E64 A34E14C5D741

Last edited:
Reactions: Tundra20 and TimG
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Custom Cut & Made from pick/ up truck BOX LINER
Full skids cover full side to side creating a shelf. UNDER the seat area.
Putting this protection behind the front tire & in front of rear tire prevents that shelf area from filling with mud in the summer , snow it the winter& anything penetrating the floor.
I'll add the secret to easy cleaning is to spray the plastic with WD-40 everl once in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: russknight
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered a KRX? They addressed this with steel factory skids and steel wheel well liners.
I know you had a pioneer for many years, added tons of info and feedback to the forum but how are you really doing Richard, Hondasxs any favor by trying to get everyone to move to a KRX, which will also be another forum for learning And pull members away from this brand/forum? Why not add helpful Pioneer info or leave? I’ve only been here a short time but all you seem to recommend is for people to search or buy a KRX.

Then again seems all you’ve talked about on this forum relates to the female anatomy or the KRX, so maybe you never had anything useful to add, could be wrong but your posts speak volumes.

So maybe add value and don’t just tell everyone to get a KRX, if people wanted one they would of gotten one. It’s pretty simple add value here or leave and go to a kawi forum, fact is, you won’t be missed if you leave if all you say is get a KRX.

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
They actually recalled their units for this a few years ago. Took forever for them give up the fight and do a recall. They learned their lesson i guess.
And paid a hefty penalty for taking too long.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know you had a pioneer for many years, added tons of info and feedback to the forum but how are you really doing Richard, Hondasxs any favor by trying to get everyone to move to a KRX, which will also be another forum for learning And pull members away from this brand/forum? Why not add helpful Pioneer info or leave? I’ve only been here a short time but all you seem to recommend is for people to search or buy a KRX.

Then again seems all you’ve talked about on this forum relates to the female anatomy or the KRX, so maybe you never had anything useful to add, could be wrong but your posts speak volumes.

So maybe add value and don’t just tell everyone to get a KRX, if people wanted one they would of gotten one. It’s pretty simple add value here or leave and go to a kawi forum, fact is, you won’t be missed if you leave if all you say is get a KRX.
Dishin' out the much needed tough love... Thanks for posting what everyone else is thinking.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are there any factory made options for the firewall/behind the wheels?

Most sets cover all of the floor board but I've not seen anythng that protects behind the wheels as well
They have some stuff at PBR products for a 700 and may have them for the 500 not sure.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Discussion of other brands is a good thing IMO, as that category is even included on this forum. Allowing open minded discussion of different choices for SxS enthusiasts has value especially for those wishing to research comparisons without being on an echo chamber forum. Guessing a high number of posts is what helps HondaSxS be successful vs sales of Honda units. I own different brands for different riding needs, and seems others do as well based on profiles. Truthful social media comments/feedback can push companies to improve their product line, ie P520 with a dump bed, or the P500 front diff. locker.
EDC130D9 CFCC 46AD A191 EA3D691569F7

Last edited:
J

JTW

And even more comments deleted.. this is part of why long time members aren’t participating and are leaving the forum. I completely understand cleaning up threads that go sideways. Lord knows I’ve had my share of posts deleted. But this, is not that. Members here are basically saying f*** you to the groups of guys that have done as much and more for this forum and club as anyone and It’s bulls***!

Last edited by a moderator:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Discussion of other brands is a good thing IMO, as that category is even included on this forum. Allowing open minded discussion of different choices for SxS enthusiasts has value especially for those wishing to research comparisons without being on an echo chamber forum. Guessing a high number of posts is what helps HondaSxS be successful vs sales of Honda units. I own different brands for different riding needs, and seems others do as well based on profiles. Truthful social media comments/feedback can push companies to improve their product line, ie P520 with a dump bed, or the P500 front diff. locker.
View attachment 245081
I don’t think anyone is against that, just don’t always say get a KRX to every question about a Honda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!