Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve always thought that a good section of belting could protect the fender wells and maybe even extend out as a mud flare up and over to the front.

I’ve got trail armor skids already. Might have to try this in the spring.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve always thought that a good section of belting could protect the fender wells and maybe even extend out as a mud flare up and over to the front.

I’ve got trail armor skids already. Might have to try this in the spring.
I’m thinking the really heavy nylon reinforced stuff like you’ll see on a round baler or rock conveyor.

Maybe use rubber well nuts and SS bolts and washers to secure it.

crap I’ll be making this sooner than later lol.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont feel like adding thin tailgate plastic to a piece of thin Honda plastic is a real good solution. Ive seen those bed liners bust all to hell. Thick uhmw or metal would be the best solution.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I say try a can of this stuff
Screenshot 2021 01 02 20 16 192

I hear it works wonders!!

😂😂😂

(do not try this as a protective shield, if you do you are an idiot!!)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know you had a pioneer for many years, added tons of info and feedback to the forum but how are you really doing Richard, Hondasxs any favor by trying to get everyone to move to a KRX, which will also be another forum for learning And pull members away from this brand/forum? Why not add helpful Pioneer info or leave? I’ve only been here a short time but all you seem to recommend is for people to search or buy a KRX.

Then again seems all you’ve talked about on this forum relates to the female anatomy or the KRX, so maybe you never had anything useful to add, could be wrong but your posts speak volumes.

So maybe add value and don’t just tell everyone to get a KRX, if people wanted one they would of gotten one. It’s pretty simple add value here or leave and go to a kawi forum, fact is, you won’t be missed if you leave if all you say is get a KRX.

Forums are like the local sports bar. You've got your regulars, guys that know all the details, you've got folks that only come during certain sports/seasons, those that only come when they have a specific need, some come to take in the scenery, and some come just to see how many cubs fans they can piss off while they are there. People mover around within those categories and tend to spend more time as 1 than others. But without all those guys what would the place be? Boring as Shyt. Who really wants to go to a place that is full of guys that drink the same drink, cheer the same team, and talk about all the same shyt? These days they call a place like that an echo chamber. I guess that's what "woke" people say..... But having all the different folks is what makes the world go round. Much like this forum.

I always find it interesting how people come along as new members and start passing judgment on others that don't fit their ideas of what they think a forum should be. Their expectations didn't fit what they started to realize they had walked into. Hell sometimes its old members judging the new guys for not being who they want them to be. Would you walk into a sports bar and start telling people to change their ways, add value, stop telling jokes, stop provoking others, up their attendance, do this, do that, you people aren't real cubs fans get the f*** out. Would you or anyone really do that? I'm guessing not.

So how do you decide what adds value? Is it only of value if it's honda specific information? What about entertainment value, research value, monetary value, value in experience,... the list goes on.
This site has 23,680 Threads 748,980 Messages 27,558 Members.
Have you scoured all of that to see who or what is really adding value?
I'm willing to bet well over 50% of that has zero value for someone seeking honda information. Hell the NTC thread is over 141,000 messages of total bull s***. The meme thread is over 31,000 long and the earned someone a damn plaque that he is exponentially proud of. It all makes the world go round. So ya see, if someone tells people to leave because they don't fit their own expectations thats just being an asshole. Next thing ya know its a room full of assholes and nobody wants to come anymore.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forums are like the local sports bar. You've got your regulars, guys that know all the details, you've got folks that only come during certain sports/seasons, those that only come when they have a specific need, some come to take in the scenery, and some come just to see how many cubs fans they can piss off while they are there. People mover around within those categories and tend to spend more time as 1 than others. But without all those guys what would the place be? Boring as Shyt. Who really wants to go to a place that is full of guys that drink the same drink, cheer the same team, and talk about all the same shyt? These days they call a place like that an echo chamber. I guess that's what "woke" people say..... But having all the different folks is what makes the world go round. Much like this forum.

I always find it interesting how people come along as new members and start passing judgment on others that don't fit their ideas of what they think a forum should be. Their expectations didn't fit what they started to realize they had walked into. Hell sometimes its old members judging the new guys for not being who they want them to be. Would you walk into a sports bar and start telling people to change their ways, add value, stop telling jokes, stop provoking others, up their attendance, do this, do that, you people aren't real cubs fans get the f*** out. Would you or anyone really do that? I'm guessing not.

So how do you decide what adds value? Is it only of value if it's honda specific information? What about entertainment value, research value, monetary value, value in experience,... the list goes on.
This site has 23,680 Threads 748,980 Messages 27,558 Members.
Have you scoured all of that to see who or what is really adding value?
I'm willing to bet well over 50% of that has zero value for someone seeking honda information. Hell the NTC thread is over 141,000 messages of total bull s***. The meme thread is over 31,000 long and the earned someone a damn plaque that he is exponentially proud of. It all makes the world go round. So ya see, if someone tells people to leave because they don't fit their own expectations thats just being an asshole. Next thing ya know its a room full of assholes and nobody wants to come anymore.
I thought the pub was so many could just post stuff, value to me is helping other members with their current issue, such as the OP has in this case, now when someone searches it they see get a KRX and then the rest of the BS after, not much help in the way of the op’s question, and yes I did also contribute to the bs in this thread.

I’m not anti other models etc but if a guy asks how to fix his light don’t say you should of gotten/consider a submarine.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I thought the pub was so many could just post stuff, value to me is helping other members with their current issue, such as the OP has in this case, now when someone searches it they see get a KRX and then the rest of the BS after, not much help in the way of the op’s question, and yes I did also contribute to the bs in this thread.

I’m not anti other models etc but if a guy asks how to fix his light don’t say you should of gotten/consider a submarine.
I totally missed the episode, Dang it!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Sometimes people wander out of their designated area and try to stir s*** up. JTW is that guy. Just click the report button and carry on. Sometimes I just start reporting all of his posts, just for something to do. I think of it as community service.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have talked to PBR products about making a piece for the firewall on the pioneer and they said they would get back with me and never heard from them looks like Honda would do something about this it is dangerous

Reactions: Mudder and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have talked to PBR products about making a piece for the firewall on the pioneer and they said they would get back with me and never heard from them looks like Honda would do something about this it is dangerous
I would buy a set that would bolt/rivet in. Seems like there should be enough of a market for them now.

Reactions: Mudder and ChadD
H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am also looking for a product to protect the firewall on the 1000-LE but can't find anything that exists.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!