P1000 California Green Sticker Placement

Q

Quailguy

Dec 17, 2018
Ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok, I'm a new guy to the Pioneer 1000 world and have what is probably a ridiculous question: Just got my green sticker from Califfornia DMV. Says to place the sticker on the "Left quadrant visible for outside inspection". That's easy enough, but I don't think it will stick to the textured plastic. Where did you guys put yours?
Also, what is ROPS? Seen that term on this site and don't know what it means.

Thanks all
Quailguy

Reactions: TimG
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
The ROPS is the roll bar.
Is there a visible spot on the ROPS when standing outside looking into the front drivers side?

ROPS = RollOver Protection System

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Before slapping that green sticker on think about if the plastic is easily damaged or replaced.
If you put it on a 1/2 winsheld and decide you want a glass windshield you need a new sticker.
Just somthing to think about.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It has to be placed on a part of the vehicle such that it is not easily removable/replacable.
Kalifornia figured out a long time ago that people would swap the sticker between vehicles given half a chance.

Reactions: TimG and Remington
J

JTW

It has to be placed on a part of the vehicle such that it is not easily removable/replacable.
Kalifornia figured out a long time ago that people would swap the sticker between vehicles given half a chance.
Just unbolt the roll bar and slip it on.. use some black pipe and I bet the never notice

Q

Quailguy

Dec 17, 2018
Ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I get it. Thanks for all your suggestions, the plastic pipe tip would work well, I think.

Quailguy

Q

Quailguy

Dec 17, 2018
Ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You don’t even know the garbage we have to put up with. Even conventional democrats can’t believe it! Whatever you do, never allow condors in your state; non-lead ammo, public lands closed, all for a few dozen buzzards that should have died years ago.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think the real problem is allowing the liberals in your state!
Amen to that!
When I first read the post first thing that got my attention was the country of CA then it figures they’d have a GREEN sticker:rolleyes: next thing you know the poor sxs riders will have to have another GRREN sticker that will say “riding this sxs May cause cancer” :confused:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You don’t even know the garbage we have to put up with. Even conventional democrats can’t believe it! Whatever you do, never allow condors in your state; non-lead ammo, public lands closed, all for a few dozen buzzards that should have died years ago.
Yeah but California is the OHV Mecca of the United States, the shear numbers of awesome places to ride and the divergence in the trail systems is unsurpassed and Dirt Wheels Magazine lists the top ten trail systems in America with the top two in California.

TOP 10 PLACES TO RIDE IN THE USA! | Dirt Wheels Magazine

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah but California is the OHV Mecca of the United States, the shear numbers of awesome places to ride and the divergence in the trail systems is unsurpassed and Dirt Wheels Magazine lists the top ten trail systems in America with the top two in California.

TOP 10 PLACES TO RIDE IN THE USA! | Dirt Wheels Magazine
Like anything else, that is very SUBJECTIVE. I would not spend the TIME much less the $$ it would cost to ride in a bunch of sand dunes. Now the hills/trails of VA, WV, TN, Ark, etc, etc ...... that is another story.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like anything else, that is very SUBJECTIVE. I would not spend the TIME much less the $$ it would cost to ride in a bunch of sand dunes. Now the hills/trails of VA, WV, TN, Ark, etc, etc ...... that is another story.
Like I said, California is the OHV Mecca and has more systems and more miles than any other state, and with its geographical size, it spans very diverging climate zones and its topography is no less antithetical. The two trails listed in DWM are far from the only types of trails to be rode in that fabulous (for those reasons) state.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like I said, California is the OHV Mecca and has more systems and more miles than any other state, and with its geographical size, it spans very diverging climate zones and its topography is no less antithetical. The two trails listed in DWM are far from the only types of trails to be rode in that fabulous (for those reasons) state.
By no means did I think ALL the trails in CA were like the first 2 ..... lol. Rather, my point was what the writer considered to be the BEST would never even be on my wish list. Possibly what the writer considered to be the least in CA might rate a lot higher with some folks. As for me, they can keep all the sand and other place can keep the mud pits, neither turn me on.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
By no means did I think ALL the trails in CA were like the first 2 ..... lol. Rather, my point was what the writer considered to be the BEST would never even be on my wish list. Possibly what the writer considered to be the least in CA might rate a lot higher with some folks. As for me, they can keep all the sand and other place can keep the mud pits, neither turn me on.
And that’s why they make chocolate and vanilla....;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!