P1000 Camo Paint Peeling Issues

M

Marty_Graw

Feb 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello All,
I am considering purchasing a Pioneer 1000-5 in camo and in my research I have found multiple complaints regarding the camo paint/wrap peeling off. Has Honda fixed this issue in the newer Pioneer's (2020 - 2021)? Any info anyone can provide is much appreciated...

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t had my 2021 long but no issues yet. I have drug through a few bushes and it seamed to hold up well. There are a few places under the hood that you can see white where the camo didn’t take.
33A31532 2959 4E64 9D54 1B419F1E8E2D0CB9FDC1 01EC 49CF 8E70 B8474FA1FAF3

M

Marty_Graw

Feb 11, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the replies. I'm curious to know for those of you who have not had any issues with your camo paint/wrap if any special care was taken to prevent the peeling issue? I met a gentleman recently who has a Pioneer 1000-5 in camo (2017 model I believe) who had a considerable amount of peeling. However, his paint peeling was caused by using tractor degreaser and a pressure washer to clean the unit. I take care of my stuff pretty well so not sure if this is something I should be worried about. However, when spending this kind of money I want to know that that it will hold up well over the long haul. I really like the camo version of the Pioneer but not sure if it is worth pursuing if this issue is wide spread. I have looked at the Polaris Ranger 1000 xp and Kasawsaki Mule Pro-FTX all in camo but really like the Honda and prefer it over the other two. Thanks again for everyone's insight...

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thanks for the replies. I'm curious to know for those of you who have not had any issues with your camo paint/wrap if any special care was taken to prevent the peeling issue? I met a gentleman recently who has a Pioneer 1000-5 in camo (2017 model I believe) who had a considerable amount of peeling. However, his paint peeling was caused by using tractor degreaser and a pressure washer to clean the unit. I take care of my stuff pretty well so not sure if this is something I should be worried about. However, when spending this kind of money I want to know that that it will hold up well over the long haul. I really like the camo version of the Pioneer but not sure if it is worth pursuing if this issue is wide spread. I have looked at the Polaris Ranger 1000 xp and Kasawsaki Mule Pro-FTX all in camo but really like the Honda and prefer it over the other two. Thanks again for everyone's insight...
I know it doesn't hold up well on the ATV's. I personally think you'd be better off getting one with colored panels and spending the extra cash you'd pay for the camo on a quality vinyl wrap for it in whatever camo pattern you like.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
No special care here, usually just a power washer,might get a little soap a couple times a year. It is garage kept. I bought camo so it would look good with a little dirt on it. ;)

Reactions: Marty_Graw

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!