P500 Can side mirrors and soft doors play nicely together?

J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve got the new 520 soft doors on order and an OEM full windshield installed. I’d like to add side mirrors as well. So far I haven’t come across any mirrors that seem like they would work with the doors and windshield. Is it possible or do you have to choose between doors or mirrors?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Possible YES !
Haven't seen any mirrors direct fit.
If your willing to modify the mounting - several mfg.- make mirrors that can be made to fit.
Limited vision through wavey plastic window. ( With plastic window open view is ok ).

To hold mirror made bracket out of piece of aluminum.( attached this to lower windshield Mounting Clamp with longer bolts ) then mirror to Alum. bracket.
Pictures should help show method.

20210306 165736 20210215 102552 20210215 102708

J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Possible YES !
Haven't seen any mirrors direct fit.
If your willing to modify the mounting - several mfg.- make mirrors that can be made to fit.
Limited vision through wavey plastic window. ( With plastic window open view is ok ).

To hold mirror made bracket out of piece of aluminum.( attached this to lower windshield Mounting Clamp with longer bolts ) then mirror to Alum. bracket.
Pictures should help show method.

View attachment 260983 View attachment 260984 View attachment 260985
Nice! That’s really clever. Silly question... does the aluminum bracket have an “official” name? I don’t know what I would be trying to buy for that. haha

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
A couple pieces of Alum.angle cut to size & bolted together Will do the trick.
That is a piece of ( beer cooler slide ) came out of big cooler that cases of beer slide on.
Raid the beer store.

FYI : HAVE these on tilt windshield - go up & down with winshield.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!