P500 Cant seem to find what im looking for!!

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I have been googling up a storm and cannot find what im looking for...well not in canada anyway. Hoping you folks can throw out some suugestions for me.
Looking for 26" radials, 8 ply, similiar style tread as the tusk terrabite, to fit on stock pioneer rims.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Chris

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
thanks for the suggestion PH! Yeah, justified or not i seem to have 8 ply stuck in my brain. My biggest threat to tires is where i hunt, you often end up crawling over blowdown pine trees with jagged busted off branch stubbs that can be murder on tires! Also spend quite a bit of time going between spots on logging roads....how do you find the ride on hard packed gravel roads?

D

Deleted member 3748

thanks for the suggestion PH! Yeah, justified or not i seem to have 8 ply stuck in my brain. My biggest threat to tires is where i hunt, you often end up crawling over blowdown pine trees with jagged busted off branch stubbs that can be murder on tires! Also spend quite a bit of time going between spots on logging roads....how do you find the ride on hard packed gravel roads?
The ride on the Rip Saws is a big improvement over the stock tires. The only issue is sand where they tend to spin and dig.

D

Deleted member 3748

If you do a search for Rip Saws on this forum, I think you'll find they can withstand tough terrain. If you have some time on your hands, there is an entire thread dedicated to the Rip Saw. :) P500 - Sedona Rip-saw tires

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
interesting thread...thanks! Kinda falls off the rails a few times but some good info in there! Definately look as though they will be tough enough for my needs. Leaning towards the 25's to not loose any low end torque, my 500 has less than 150 miles on it and has allready been used to pack out a moose and will need to again in the future. Crawling across old logging blocks with 500 lbs on the back rack requires a lot of torque and a tough tire....on the other hand the 26's will give a little extra clearance. Suppose I could just throw some more air to the 25's to gain some height when required.

decisions, decisions!!

Chris

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run the Rip Saw R/T tires and really like them....everything that @PistonHonda said runs true in my experience also...Just FYI

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
I run the Rip Saw R/T tires and really like them....everything that @PistonHonda said runs true in my experience also...Just FYI
I also am running the 25" x 12 Ripsaw R/T tires with 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers. Loads just fine in my Dodge 8' bed, with no room to spare, but fits. I'll be able to give a good report on the tires after and couple weeks hunting in Idaho and Colorado. I'm running those tires because of all the threads I've read on how tough these tires are..I don't want to have to carry a spare tire around. We'll see....

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
interesting thread...thanks! Kinda falls off the rails a few times but some good info in there! Definately look as though they will be tough enough for my needs. Leaning towards the 25's to not loose any low end torque, my 500 has less than 150 miles on it and has allready been used to pack out a moose and will need to again in the future. Crawling across old logging blocks with 500 lbs on the back rack requires a lot of torque and a tough tire....on the other hand the 26's will give a little extra clearance. Suppose I could just throw some more air to the 25's to gain some height when required.

decisions, decisions!!

Chris

Ripsaws in 25" size run way small. They are just barely any taller than the stock 24", which also are undersize (23.5"-23.75"). I'm guessing if you're lucky the 26's might measure 25".

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I have been googling up a storm and cannot find what im looking for...well not in canada anyway. Hoping you folks can throw out some suugestions for me.
Looking for 26" radials, 8 ply, similiar style tread as the tusk terrabite, to fit on stock pioneer rims.

Chris
How about Kenda Bearclaw HTR 26" 8 ply radials , I have them on my P500 and very happy with them running in the South Florida swamps

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Chris
Checkout my build thread, running 26x9x12 Roctane XD on OEM wheels since day 1. 8 ply radial, DOT approved. Never let me down.

D

Deleted member 3748

decisions, decisions!!

Chris
I just measured my 26" Rip Saws. They're at 25 1/2" @ 6 lbs of air. That's close enough for me. I did some speed tests comparing the 24" to 26" tires. I didn't notice any loss of low end torque and an increase in top speed.

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
My search skills must suck! PH, I was trying to find a picture of your rig with the ripsaws on...no luck.Wondering if you have a minute if you could throw a couple pics up for me?

Thanks again all! really appreciate the help.
About to pull the trigger on a set of ripsaws....26x9 up front, 26x10 in the back, stock rims

Chris

D

Deleted member 3748

My search skills must suck! PH, I was trying to find a picture of your rig with the ripsaws on...no luck.Wondering if you have a minute if you could throw a couple pics up for me?

Thanks again all! really appreciate the help.
About to pull the trigger on a set of ripsaws....26x9 up front, 26x10 in the back, stock rims

Chris
you can see my rig at the beginning of the video I posted and also in this pic. The original rear tire is propped in front of the rear rip saw.
WP 20170728 19 42 24 Pro

Reactions: Chuckerbird
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

decisions, decisions!!

Chris
I would go with the 25 Rip Saws if you go with them. I have the RS 25 and here in Colorado they have been through and across anything you can think of and I really like them except like Piston said, they suck in sand but then again most tire do. I know a couple of people that have the 26 RS and they wished they had gone with the 25 because of the power loss but here in Colorado we have a lot of 10 12 thousand foot elevations to ride and you know what that can to to power.

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
thanks Alan, 95% of my riding is around 3500 feet here in B.C.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in on this, specially Piston Honda!

26" rip saws are on the way.....9's on the front, 10's on the back! The super stiff sidewalls and the tough as nails reputation sold me, should fit the bill for packing heavy loads over rough terrain.

Thanks again
Chris

I would go with the 25 Rip Saws if you go with them. I have the RS 25 and here in Colorado they have been through and across anything you can think of and I really like them except like Piston said, they suck in sand but then again most tire do. I know a couple of people that have the 26 RS and they wished they had gone with the 25 because of the power loss but here in Colorado we have a lot of 10 12 thousand foot elevations to ride and you know what that can to to power.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Checkout my build thread, running 26x9x12 Roctane XD on OEM wheels since day 1. 8 ply radial, DOT approved. Never let me down.
Hey Jackal
I’ve just about worn down my 26” ITP Mudlite XTRs on the ‘17 P500 (on the stock rims). I’m on various terrain but do most of my riding on shot-rock logging roads. I was thinking of Roctanes because of the tread. Is the 8-ply too harsh for the light P5? I don’t want a tire that’s going to shake the machine apart. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Al

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey Jackal
I’ve just about worn down my 26” ITP Mudlite XTRs on the ‘17 P500 (on the stock rims). I’m on various terrain but do most of my riding on shot-rock logging roads. I was thinking of Roctanes because of the tread. Is the 8-ply too harsh for the light P5? I don’t want a tire that’s going to shake the machine apart. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Al

I have been running 26x9x12 Roctane XD on my P500 OEM rims for nearly 3 years now, the tire while not as pliable as OEM rubber has worn great and makes a very good overall tire. As for ride comfort well, that's all in how you choose to drive, especially with only 5" of effective suspension.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I have been running 26x9x12 Roctane XD on my P500 OEM rims for nearly 3 years now, the tire while not as pliable as OEM rubber has worn great and makes a very good overall tire. As for ride comfort well, that's all in how you choose to drive, especially with only 5" of effective suspension.
So its abit stiffer I'm guessing?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!