drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With some recent conversation about an adventure in Coalmont, TN with @drfubar and @Delton it brings the topic of a good chainsaw mount front and center! I've though about it as something I would do sometime in the future, but now I'm thinking that perhaps I should be considering it sooner rather than later!

Has anyone tried a mount that just rocks? I'm leery about mounting anything off to the side or even that protrudes at all from the ROPS on the side.
Good idea, but I'd rather secure it in my box. I don't have a RB that far back either...

Reactions: Manwell
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Making some adjustable rollbar mounts is on my to do list. That'd be a good place to mount one in the back (if ya have a 5P). Up out of the way and not taking up bed space. Currently I stow mine in bed secured with bungee cord (when I remember to bring it). Don't like the idea of it bouncing around.

Reactions: drfubar and Manwell
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
FYI, Saw Mount came today, Northen tool sale, $28. Rubber pads inside for bar. Thick metal, keeper nuts on knobs. 3 bolt attachment.

737604C5 A828 432B AABB 128B1818B1A5 91440CB1 96DC 41C6 AAA1 B8B194AB9C2E

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've had mine mounted up under the roof - just with some rhino grips and wire rope with a clip to carry the weight.
Problem is - it get covered in mud.
I'll probably build/buy a box for it and strap it down in the bed.
mmm ... maybe a box mounted under the roof to slide it into.

Reactions: elkguide
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had mine mounted up under the roof - just with some rhino grips and wire rope with a clip to carry the weight.

We will NEED pictures!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the bed liner on my P1-5 that has a divider slot made into the bed for a 2 X, set my saw, gas and oil in and have had no issues with saw, gas, bar oil sliding all over the bed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!