1. 1000-5
20240108 1305541

czajkaej

czajkaej

Jul 2, 2022
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a source for the tow hooks that have the correct spacing and bolts to go in the front bumper lower bolt point?

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there a source for the tow hooks that have the correct spacing and bolts to go in the front bumper lower bolt point?
On my 2021 I utilized the one bolt hole and had to drill the other, replaced the factory bolt with a longer one to make it work. Don't remember the size or thread pitch, just match up the factory bolt, pretty easy install.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want to add an anchor point (or 2) to the front bumper to attach a shackle for towing, recovery and strapping to the trailer.

I’ve got it narrowed down to three options.

1 Add tow hooks
I like the simplicity of the hooks. Nothin fancy and cheap.

View attachment 365313

2 Bolt on shackle mounts
I got a quote from a local welding shop to get a set of shackle mounts powder coated and like this look the best. I could probably spray paint them but not sure how long it would last. I’ve read some reviews saying the bumper where these attach is prone to bending under heavy load. These will be used to pull the SxS out of snow drifts/mud/etc and assist getting trucks unstuck so it needs to be solid.

View attachment 365314

3 Bolt on a front receiver hitch and add a shackle receiver
This appears to be the foolproof route and possibly the most durable.

View attachment 365315

Sorry if I poached a pic of your ride. Let me know what experience you have with each. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7lfHpLo SPJ 0zegLDkEw1150 h647 s no gmauthuser0
I know I'm late and you've got your fix. But I've read through the post and I only see one or two setups that looks like something you'd want to jerk on if you was stuck. Hard to believe Honda gives you a beer can for a front bumper. The tow hooks you added, I take it, are bolted to the piece that goes into the frame. That may work if you pull on both at the sametime. The only thing is the beer can bumper tubing are paper thin. If your going to be working this machince or riding where your goning to need to be pulled or pull someone else you may want to look at a heavier bumper. There are a few places that sell bumpers but not many are heavy duty. I've included a picture of my bumper. It's heavy. When you pull the factory bumper and grab the one I got, it's like night and day. The bumper is made by Texas Tough Customs. They make rock gaurds, rear bumpers and more. Check'm out.
One note. I'm cheap too. I don't like to spend when I can make it. But keep in mind that pulling on something that is not made heavy enough can break. Having something like this break could kill you or someone else. So cheap is Ok if it's cheap but heavy enough to support the task. One of these machines stuck in mud up to the frame, pulling up hill, etc., could require a pulling force of up to three times the weight of the machine. Safety first. Do I sound like you dad now? I can't help it, been on this earth a long time and seen a lot of chit happen.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!