P700 Check engine light flashing

C

Choccashaw

Sep 16, 2021
Pennsyvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Went out to my 2014 Pioneer 700-4 yesterday and the dash light were on. I put the key in and it started up with no issues. I went to turn it off but it did not. I turned on the lights and the eng turned off. I noticed the check engine light was blinking. 6 long blinks and 4 short blinks. How can I find out the issue causing this erratic problem or possibly the code so I know what to fix. Thanks for your help

Reactions: Smitty335
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Two things to check. Make sure the battery is in good shape. A low voltage will make dash lights come on when key off. Check wiring to see if mice/rats have chewed any. I have had both issues on my 2014.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also the ignition should be verified as good or bad it will give weird issues at times.

Reactions: swsebek
C

Choccashaw

Sep 16, 2021
Pennsyvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Two things to check. Make sure the battery is in good shape. A low voltage will make dash lights come on when key off. Check wiring to see if mice/rats have chewed any. I have had both issues on my 2014.
Thanks Willys, I'll check that out. I also had a relay making noise. I'll switch that out as soon as it comes in. Appreciate the help

C

Choccashaw

Sep 16, 2021
Pennsyvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also the ignition should be verified as good or bad it will give weird issues at times.
Not sure how to check out the ignition but I'll take it out and check with a test light to see if it operates consistently. Thanks for the help and Ill let you know how I make out.

Reactions: Glock21user
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure how to check out the ignition but I'll take it out and check with a test light to see if it operates consistently. Thanks for the help and Ill let you know how I make out.
You are doing what I would do, good luck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!