BOX1

P1000 Chinese line lock junk!!

J

JTW

Any of you who have bought line locks from Amazon... BEWARE!!

Apparently they're nothing but Chinese junk! This is the second one I've had fail... there was no reason this one should have blown! They're about 25 bucks on Amazon and look great upon initial inspection... but they just aren't holding together. It was fine for a few weeks of light riding and now this is what happens when I push the brakes.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, mine is starting to drip not squirt yet too. I can't complain because mine was given to me but I know @Delton has had problems with his too. I do have the brake line that was taken out to put this in and I'm thinking of reinstalling it.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of you who have bought line locks from Amazon... BEWARE!!

Apparently they're nothing but Chinese junk! This is the second one I've had fail... there was no reason this one should have blown! They're about 25 bucks on Amazon and look great upon initial inspection... but they just aren't holding together. It was fine for a few weeks of light riding and now this is what happens when I push the brakes.

Looks like you've got a prostate problem! Glad you tested this.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never mind in trying to read the paper I noticed it's only a "hill holder for sxs" I'm not sure the Solenoid would be a good enough duty cycle for it to sit there for 30mins while you got someone else unstuck. Looks like most of them are less than 60secs duty cycle.

Which is my concern with trying to use the LE hill holder Solenoid for a parking brake.

Reactions: drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before y'all run out and lynch the first Chinaman you run into, there's a very easy fix. Nothing wrong with the lock mechanism just the crappy Orings that came with it. The fix is less than a dollar. I replaced mine and it's totally leak free. If it does happen to start leaking again, then I'll jump on the "Chinese junk" bandwagon lol. If you kept up with the original box and packaging, there's a spare Oring in it. DONT use that one. Take it to hardware store and use for sizing.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before y'all run out and lynch the first Chinaman you run into, there's a very easy fix. Nothing wrong with the lock mechanism just the crappy Orings that came with it. The fix is less than a dollar. I replaced mine and it's totally leak free. If it does happen to start leaking again, then I'll jump on the "Chinese junk" bandwagon lol. If you kept up with the original box and packaging, there's a spare Oring in it. DONT use that one. Take it to hardware store and use for sizing.

Don't use hardware store o-rings. They are typically buna-n material. You need an oring rated for brake fluid. Buna is not rated. That is why they are leaking how they are.
Use an oring of the following material "SBR", "Neoprene", "Silicone"
Edit: Hit up mcmaster-carr, measure your oring and order the minimum sized package. Mail to all your friend with the same crap part. If I owned a line lock, That i exactly what I would do.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't use hardware store o-rings. They are typically buna-n material. You need an oring rated for brake fluid. Buna is not rated. That is why they are leaking how they are.
Edit: Hit up mcmaster-carr, measure your oring and order the minimum sized package. Mail to all your friend with the same crap part. If I owned a line lock, That i exactly what I would do.
There ya go @JTW. But a package and send me a couple...lol;)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did not know that thanks. All of my Oring kits came from McMaster so that explains why they haven't failed.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar I gotta run by and grab that bed extender. I'll drop off a kit so you can match yours up at your convenience. I don't remember which one I used. There's only like 20 or so different sizes in there (it's a really good kit lol).

Reactions: drfubar
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton If the kit says nitrile or buna-N on the front sticker, I would not use them. It will be an easy way to confirm what size you need though.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!