drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@drfubar I gotta run by and grab that bed extender. I'll drop off a kit so you can match yours up at your convenience. I don't remember which one I used. There's only like 20 or so different sizes in there (it's a really good kit lol).
Well, if you didn't work during the week I'd run the extender and the bumper back over to ya. Tiger left the bumper and the extender doesn't fit the 3 seater...;)

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, if you didn't work during the week I'd run the extender and the bumper back over to ya. Tiger left the bumper and the extender doesn't fit the 3 seater...;)
Aw man his bumper didn't fit?? Well that sucks. Is it just the mount measurements that are different? If so, I'll do a quick measurement and modify the mounts.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Aw man his bumper didn't fit?? Well that sucks. Is it just the mount measurements that are different? If so, I'll do a quick measurement and modify the mounts.
No no. The extender didn't fit my sxs. He just forgot the bumper

Sent from my SAMSUNG 7 Active using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Before y'all run out and lynch the first Chinaman you run into, there's a very easy fix. Nothing wrong with the lock mechanism just the crappy Orings that came with it. The fix is less than a dollar. I replaced mine and it's totally leak free. If it does happen to start leaking again, then I'll jump on the "Chinese junk" bandwagon lol. If you kept up with the original box and packaging, there's a spare Oring in it. DONT use that one. Take it to hardware store and use for sizing.
Awesome!! I have a new one coming I'll pull it apart and replace before I put it in.

J

JTW

Don't use hardware store o-rings. They are typically buna-n material. You need an oring rated for brake fluid. Buna is not rated. That is why they are leaking how they are.
Use an oring of the following material "SBR", "Neoprene", "Silicone"
Edit: Hit up mcmaster-carr, measure your oring and order the minimum sized package. Mail to all your friend with the same crap part. If I owned a line lock, That i exactly what I would do.
f***'n A... Thanks for the info!!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked around online for this part. Looks like you have 2 orings on the stem. One at the threads where the nut threads into the body, and one smaller seal on the stem. The larger oring on the threads will be a little harder to measure up. This should be a "-9xx" series oring for o-ring boss threads. Based on your video posted, i would concern myself with orings on the stem itself before messing with the threaded oring.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Before y'all run out and lynch the first Chinaman you run into, there's a very easy fix. Nothing wrong with the lock mechanism just the crappy Orings that came with it. The fix is less than a dollar. I replaced mine and it's totally leak free. If it does happen to start leaking again, then I'll jump on the "Chinese junk" bandwagon lol. If you kept up with the original box and packaging, there's a spare Oring in it. DONT use that one. Take it to hardware store and use for sizing.
Ps.. I guess I gotta let these chiggers go.

J

JTW

I looked around online for this part. Looks like you have 2 orings on the stem. One at the threads where the nut threads into the body, and one smaller seal on the stem. The larger oring on the threads will be a little harder to measure up. This should be a "-9xx" series oring for o-ring boss threads. Based on your video posted, i would concern myself with orings on the stem itself before messing with the threaded oring.
Both locks have done the same thing... this one just did it much sooner and with less use.

Reactions: drfubar
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"Use" wont make a difference. The time the seal has been in contact with brake fluid is what will damage it.

Grab your spare seal and put it in a little brake fluid, then come back and check it in a week. I bet it will be swollen.

Reactions: drfubar and JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly can't remember if I swapped out both or just one. It's been a few months so they've already outlasted the originals.

Reactions: drfubar and JTW
J

JTW

"Use" wont make a difference. The time the seal has been in contact with brake fluid is what will damage it.

Grab your spare seal and put it in a little brake fluid, then come back and check it in a week. I bet it will be swollen.
I sure appreciate it! I was about to give up on them... I love the lock but was having major trust issues! Glad to hear this before I put the new one in!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome!! I have a new one coming I'll pull it apart and replace before I put it in.
Yours is by far the worst I've seen so far. Mine just leaked. Yours must've totally blown out. I figured you for a gusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!