P1000 Chinese line lock junk!!

J

JTW

So this is the new lock... I had to run to town today and haven't gotten to take the other lock apart. Maybe I'm not understand correctly how this thing works... but wouldn't the center rubber piece below the brass be what is causing the lock to leak around the shaft??

IMG 4906

Reactions: drfubar
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW
The oring at the far left in our picture is what is defective. In your picture, you can clearly see the defect in the oring. When you replace the oring, please use your brake fluid as a lubricant when putting back together. When installing new seal, be careful to not roll it in the groove. If it is rolled or twisted, use the soft rolled end of a zip tie under the oring and slowly move it around the stem to untwist oring.
If you have problems, feel free to pm me for my cell.

J

JTW

@JTW
The oring at the far left in our picture is what is defective. In your picture, you can clearly see the defect in the oring. When you replace the oring, please use your brake fluid as a lubricant when putting back together. When installing new seal, be careful to not roll it in the groove. If it is rolled or twisted, use the soft rolled end of a zip tie under the oring and slowly move it around the stem to untwist oring.
If you have problems, feel free to pm me for my cell.
The pic is the new lock and I think it's the sun glare that's distorting the pic and making it appear as if there's an obvious defect.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am still not convinced that the factory seal is correct. It should last years before failing.

Do you have a set of calipers? O rings are easy to measure.

J

JTW

So not knowing how this really worked I didn't want to take apart he new lock.. when I got home tonight I pulled the old one out and found my problem! I didn't realize there was even an o-ring under there so I took some pics to show how it works... I'll get new silicon rings tomorrow and replace all these.
Anyway, here's an exploded view of what's in a line lock.
IMG 4927
IMG 4925 IMG 4928 IMG 4923

Reactions: moparornocar
J

JTW

There are actually 4 o-rings to replace... one of which has flat shoulders...

Reactions: Delton
J

JTW

Tomorrow.. I'll get measurements and post a new thread for replacement parts..

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still can't remember how many I replaced. If I'd known it would be a mass problem I would've paid more attention.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW
Just replace the 2 o-rings of the same size. I doubt you will find the square seal, and the one that goes on the large nut is probably ok a well.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!